We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting up SyncFusion EJ in Angluar2 + TypeScript project, in Visual Studio 2015, ASP .NET MVC5 Application

Help required in setting upSyncFusion EJ in Angluar2 + TypeScript project, in Visual Studio 2015, ASP .NET MVC5 Application

My Environment Details:
SyncFusion version14.3.0.49
Visual Studio2015 Update 3
TypeScript version2.0.3
ASP .NET MVC5 Application
.NET Framework 4.5.2

I need the detailed steps on how I can create an Angular2 project (with TypeScript) and integrate SyncFusion into the project, in the aforementioned environment.

9 Replies

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team October 21, 2016 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Aniruddha, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The support incident has been created under your account and we have discussed your query in that. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Abinaya S 

BR Balasubramanian Ramanathan October 27, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Hi,

I also would like to know about this.

Can you help me up in setting up visual studio project using angular2 EJ component.

I have taken angular 2 sample and created a web application project and when i try to build it throws up so many errors.

Please see the attached project

Please help us in solving the issue.

Thanks

Attachment: SFTest_d60a220c.zip

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team October 28, 2016 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Balasubramanian 

The support incident has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  
Abinaya S

SO softwarea November 8, 2016 02:59 PM UTC

I seem to have the same problem.

I was trying to install Syncfusion.AspNet.Mvc5.Olap in an existing MVC application project (Visuals Studion 2015 Community).
After using NuGet I am getting over 100 compiler errors e.g.
  • Cannot find module 'angular2/core'
  • Duplicate identifier 'ColumnsDirective'
  • Duplicate identifier 'PointsDirective'

All errors occour in ej.angular2.d.ts

Hope pou can help me out here ... THX

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team November 9, 2016 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Softwarea,   

The support incident has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   

Regards,   
Abinaya S 

EL Eric Lim replied to Abinaya Subbiah December 27, 2016 03:10 PM UTC

Hi Softwarea,   

Regards,   
Abinaya S 

Hi,

I also would like to know about this.

Can you help me up in setting up visual studio project using angular2 EJ component?

Thanks

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team December 28, 2016 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Eric,   

We have prepared step by step documentation to work with Visual Studio using Syncfusion Angular 2 Essential JavaScript components. We have attached getting started documentation for  “Syncfusion Angular 2 components in ASP.NET MVC5” in below link. 

And also we prepared sample with above documented steps and attached below.   

Sample  

The above sample application based on Syncfusion Angular 2 seed application. Please refer to the below link to getting started with Syncfusion Angular 2 seed application.  

You can replace required Angular 2 components in the provided sample which is available in the below build installed location.   

(Installed Location)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.3.0.49\JavaScript\assets-src\angular2\    

We are working on to refresh the documentation in our help documentation website. We have also implemented Angular 2 sample browser using our Essential Studio for JavaScript components. Please refer to the below link for online demo.   

Please revert us back, if we misunderstand your requirement.     

Regards,   
Abinaya S   

EL Eric Lim December 28, 2016 11:30 PM UTC

Hi Abinaya Subbiah,

I have followed the steps provided in getting started document but I get the following errors when restore package:

93 verbose stack Error: ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall: `typings install`
93 verbose stack Exit status 1
93 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespm\lib\utils\lifecycle.js:255:16)
93 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
93 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
93 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Program Filesodejsode_modulespm\lib\utils\spawn.js:40:14)
93 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
93 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
93 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:885:16)
93 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
94 verbose pkgid ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0
95 verbose cwd D:\Project\Food\VisualStudio\AngularJSTesting\AngularVisualStudioStarter\SyncfusionAngular2MVCStarter
96 error Windows_NT 10.0.14393
97 error argv "C:\\Program Files\odejs\ode.exe" "C:\\Program Files\odejs\ode_modules\pm\\bin\pm-cli.js" "install"
98 error node v7.2.0
99 error npm  v3.10.9
100 error code ELIFECYCLE
101 error ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall: `typings install`
101 error Exit status 1
102 error Failed at the ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall script 'typings install'.
102 error Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
102 error If you do, this is most likely a problem with the ejangular2-systemjs-starter package,
102 error not with npm itself.
102 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
102 error     typings install
102 error You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
102 error     npm bugs ejangular2-systemjs-starter
102 error Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
102 error     npm owner ls ejangular2-systemjs-starter
102 error There is likely additional logging output above.
103 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

What is the problem? Please refer to the attached file for more details about the errors.

Thanks.

Attachment: npmdebug_9f56572d.zip

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team January 2, 2017 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Eric, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

The issue “Failed at the ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall script 'typings install'.” due to “typings.json” not configured in the project prior to configuration of package.json. Since, we need to configure typings.json before NPM installation. We have configured typings in step  3 after step 2 “package.json” configuration in documentation, now we have interchanged the steps 2 and 3 in attached updated documentation below. And other configurations are same as previous update.  

Please revert us back, if you need assist on this. 

Regards, 
Abinaya S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon