We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Hide columns with vb expressions works fine on report designer but not in reportviewer

Hello,

I have a problem with column visibility when I run a report in reportviewer ASP .NET MVC.

When i´m designing the report in Syncfusion Report Designer i can hide columns base on parameter values and it works fine in Preview, but when I load the report in reportviewer it doesn't work and columns are visible anyway.

Do you know how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

2 Replies

JJ Juan José Carmona Yebes October 18, 2016 10:14 PM UTC

Hello again,

I want to add some info to this issue, what i can't hide/show in reportviewer are row group based columns, simple columns works fine.

What I can do in designer is to set visibility based on parameter for header and details of a group, and it works in designer but not in reportviewer.

In other words, i can show/hide a column but no a column which show row group data. 

Also I can't hide/show header and details of a row group,  this only works on designer preview but not in reportviewer.

Thanks,

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team October 19, 2016 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned issue at our end. We have prepared the RDL report with Report parameter and provided the expression to hide the Tablix column based on Report Parameter value and it is working fine at our end. We cannot hide the header and footer based on report parameter instead of we can hide the Report items present in header and footer area. We have prepared the ReportViewer sample and demo video which can be downloaded from the below location,   

If the issue still persists, then share the issue reproducing Report Definition file to validate the mentioned issue at our end.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon