We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SyncFusion BigData Agent is not installed or running

i have created three virtual machines related to the same network
and installed SyncFusion  Big Data Agent on each one
and SyncFusion Big Data Cluster manager on another machine in the same network
i maked sure that syncfusion big data agent is running on each one
but when i followed manual cluster setup from cluster manager that is installed on a machine in the network  i still get the error
SyncFusion BigData Agent is not installed or running
for each node
what will be the error please

12 Replies

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 18, 2016 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Oula, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

Though the agent service is running on each node, there is a chance to that  

·         The agent API may not be hosted properly in the particular port. By default, it runs on the port 60008. 
Make sure whether it is listening using Resource Monitor on each node. 
Type "resmon.exe" in Run window -> Network -> Check the port 60008 in "Listening Ports" section as show in below screenshot. 

·         Despite we are adding firewall rule when installing agent to access the port (60008) from outside the machine in the same network, please ensure all agents from cluster manager installed machine whether it is accessible using below URL in browser. Any other services or network settings may restrict the access. 

Where hostnameOrIP is host name or IP address of the node where the agent is running.  

Please ensure the above cases and let us know the results. Also, please share below logs to assist you further. 

Cluster Manager log location - [installedDrive]:\Syncfusion\BigData\[version]\BigDataPlatform\ClusterManager\logs 
Agent log location on each node - [installedDrive]:\Syncfusion\BigData\[version]\BigDataAgent\Manager Service\logs 

Regards, 
Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh October 19, 2016 08:54 AM UTC

i tried the url with no response even though i can see port 60008 in listening ports with allowed ,not restricted

URL:  http://[hostnameOrIP]:60008/validation/testconnection/  

what can be the result

OA Oula Alshiekh October 19, 2016 11:25 AM UTC

that are my logs files can you verify them please

Attachment: Logs_183ee1d1.rar

OA Oula Alshiekh October 19, 2016 01:43 PM UTC

should we have internet on all  cluster nodes in order to let syncfusion cluster manager works well or is it enough to have internet on the node that host cluster manager  only

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 19, 2016 03:19 PM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Please find the response as follows. 

Query 
Response 
i tried the url with no response even though i can see port 60008 in listening ports with allowed ,not restricted  
URL:  https://[hostnameOrIP]:60008/validation/testconnection/    
what can be the result 
We have checked the log you have shared, it states that there is proxy authentication required for cluster manager to access the agents. 
Seems proxy is enabled in your network. Could you please ensure it from your side? 

By default, cluster manager and agents do not support proxy settings, we need to have some changes in configuration files of cluster manager and agents manually.  

Please share details about your proxy settings. (obviously credentials are NOT needed). Information such as whether you used default credentials or network credential, proxy type, etc. will be helpful so that we will check here in the same environment and let you know the configuration changes. 

should we have internet on all cluster nodes in order to let syncfusion cluster manager works well or is it enough to have internet on the node that host cluster manager  only  
No. Internet connection is not needed on any of nodes to create cluster. Even cluster manager node doesn’t need internet. 

Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh October 20, 2016 07:01 AM UTC

what about the message that is found in big data agent log please
C:\Syncfusion\BigData\1.0\SDK\Hadoop\etc\hadoop\hdfs-site.xml'
should big data agent installation add this path to other nodes that don't contain cluster manager
the only installed path i get is
C:\Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.25\BigDataAgent

and there is no SDK Files
here is the agent link which i installed https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/DataScience/v3.1.0.25/syncfusionbigdataagent.exe

OA Oula Alshiekh October 20, 2016 07:35 AM UTC

i started the cluster manager url with no proxy settings and the problem of Proxy Authentication Required is solved but iam getting now this message
ERROR ClusterManagerLog ClientValidation
System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Syncfusion.BigData.Platform.Manager.Base.Helpers.BaseConfigurator.ClientValidation(Host host, Host nameNodeHost, Boolean aws, List`1 advanceConfiguration, Boolean isSecured)

for each cluster node what is the problem please ?

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 09:51 AM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Query 
Response 
i started the cluster manager url with no proxy settings and the problem of Proxy Authentication Required is solved but iam getting now this message 
ERROR ClusterManagerLog ClientValidation
System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Syncfusion.BigData.Platform.Manager.Base.Helpers.BaseConfigurator.ClientValidation(Host host, Host nameNodeHost, Boolean aws, List`1 advanceConfiguration, Boolean isSecured)

for each cluster node what is the problem please ?

Seems you are using older cluster manager (v3.1.0.3 or lower) with newer agent v3.1.0.25. 

In our latest release, we had migration changes for SSL support in both agent and cluster manager. 
So newer agent will work with newer cluster manager only. 

Could you please ensure your cluster manager version and upgrade to newer version v3.1.0.25? 

what about the message that is found in big data agent log please 
C:\Syncfusion\BigData\1.0\SDK\Hadoop\etc\hadoop\hdfs-site.xml'
should big data agent installation add this path to other nodes that don't contain cluster manager 
the only installed path i get is 
C:\Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.25\BigDataAgent

and there is no SDK Files 
here is the agent link which i installed https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/DataScience/v3.1.0.25/syncfusionbigdataagent.exe

This log can be ignored. It is an unhandled exception in initial state when agent starts. It will not affect any other agent functionality.  

Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh October 20, 2016 11:09 AM UTC

thanks a lot for your support
i downloaded cluster manager on 16th October from this page https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/bigdata/confirmation
then on 17th October i downloaded big data agent so a new  version was added 
there should be a hint telling me that the version of big data agent is not compataible with cluster manager version
i wasn't able to recognize this ever
if i want to download previous version  from big data agent is there any page showing all versions of big data agent,big data studio and big data cluster

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Query 
Response 
if i want to download previous version from big data agent is there any page showing all versions of big data agent,big data studio and big data cluster 
Please find all big data platform version download details here 

there should be a hint telling me that the version of big data agent is not compatible with cluster manager version  
i wasn't able to recognize this ever 
We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

Actually we will alert user when agent and cluster manger are in different version or having compatibility issues provided when the cluster manager is able to access the agent API. As we stated earlier we had migration for SSL support, the agent API will run on https:// instead of http:// so cluster manager couldn’t check the compatibility. We will consider this feedback to handle the compatible check more efficiently in next version.  

Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh October 20, 2016 01:27 PM UTC

thanks very mush for your quick helpness
i really find syncfusion big data platform as abrilliant platform that saves alot of work and interact with windows  .net applications

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 21, 2016 05:43 AM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Thank you for the update.  
Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. We will be happy to assist you. 

Baskaran V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon