We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Increase the spacing between the items in the collection

Hi,

The Auto complete control is a very useful control to enable users to narrow down their choices.

However I noticed that the spacing between the words in the drop down is very small and the words are too close to each other.

Is there any property that will allow to increase the spacing between the words.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

3 Replies

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team October 17, 2016 07:25 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue”tems present in dropdown are not having enough space” at our end. And we have logged a defect report regarding the same.A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards,
Pavendhan K. 

SR Scott Roberts October 8, 2019 11:26 PM UTC

Hi,

I was wondering what the status of this issue was as we're facing the same issue in that we want to increase the space between items in the list.  I have tried putting the content in a stacklayout setting the height request, setting the margin, padding, etc. but have had no luck.  Please see my attached snapshot showing the items in the list - we would like twice the amount of space between each item in the list.

<xForms1:SfAutoComplete.ItemTemplate>
                                    <DataTemplate>
                                        <StackLayout HeightRequest="20">
                                            <Label Text="{Binding FullName}" />
                                        </StackLayout>
                                    </DataTemplate>
                                </xForms1:SfAutoComplete.ItemTemplate>

Attachment: Capture_667084c7.zip

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 9, 2019 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Scott,

We would like to let you know that your requirement “Increase the space between items in the drop-down list of SfAutoCompletehas been achieved by using the DropDownItemHeight property in SfAutoComplete.  

We have prepared the sample and download it from below link 

Code Snippet [XAML] 

<StackLayout VerticalOptions="Start" HorizontalOptions="Start" Padding="30"> 
    <autocomplete:SfAutoComplete HeightRequest="100" x:Name="autoComplete" DisplayMemberPath="Name" DataSource="{Binding EmployeeCollection}" DropDownItemHeight="100"> 
<autocomplete:SfAutoComplete.ItemTemplate> 
            <DataTemplate> 
                <StackLayout Orientation="Horizontal"> 
                    <Label Text="{Binding Name}"/> 
                </StackLayout> 
            </DataTemplate> 
        </autocomplete:SfAutoComplete.ItemTemplate> 
    </autocomplete:SfAutoComplete> 
</StackLayout> 

Please check with the sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon