We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Connector docking to node

Hi, this might seem a trivial question, but I tried to find in vain how to dock automatically a connector to a node, so whenever we move a symbol, the connector will follow. Any help would be gladly received! Thanks in advance! Nicolas

4 Replies

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team October 7, 2016 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
Please confirm us whether your requirement is to establish the connection with node using connector? If yes, we suggest you to use “TryConnect()” or “Connect()” method to connect the nodes and the connector automatically displaced when we move the Node. Please refer to the below attached online document link. 
If we misunderstood your requirement, please share us more details about your requirement which will help us to analyze further and provide you a better solution. 
Regards, 
Naganathan K G 

NI Nicolas October 7, 2016 01:41 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for the quick response! What would be the correct event to set these connections? Maybe

Private Sub Diagram1_NodeCollectionChanged(ByVal e As CollectionExEventArgs) ?

I tried the following, but this event is not kicking in.

Private Sub Form1_VertexChanged(ByVal vertexChange As VertexChangedEventArgs)

And additionally, how can I get the current Connector + source Node + Target Node to set this connection? Rather than Node and Connectors generated by code, my situation applies for a user drawing these Nodes and Connectors

Thanks in advance

NI Nicolas October 8, 2016 02:55 AM UTC

After playing the game of differences, I found what was wrong and got it fixed! I was referencing to the wrong model, that was all - Thanks again for the support and help!

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team October 10, 2016 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 
Thanks for the letting us know that issue got resolved. Please reach us if you need any assistance in future 

Regards, 
Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon