We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfPdfViewer - File size of the control

Hi,
I have implemented SfPdfViewer into my app. The functionality looks very well so far although I just need a simple PDF viewing function.

However, I am concerning one thing which is the file size.
For an app package, this SfPdfViewer control increases the file size by 64 MB per platform. For the app bundle package of x86, x64 & ARM, it increases the file size by 123 MB.
I think the file size is too big especially phones although I am assuming there is no other way.

Do you have any thought on this point or any solution such as an alternative control?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 6, 2016 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Akihiro, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have created a new support incident to follow up with the issue “Size of the SfPdfViewer control App Package is too big for phones” reported in this forum. Please log in to your Syncfusion account from the below link to know more details about your query in the incident: 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sathish

AK Aki October 9, 2016 11:26 AM UTC

Dear Sathish,

I have updated the incident adding the further information and sample project fileset.

Best Regards,
Aki

AM Anastasios Moraitis October 19, 2016 09:53 PM UTC

hi Aki, i have the same problem, what was the solution?
AM

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 04:53 AM UTC

Hi Anastasios,  
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
The file size of app package for SfPdfViewer control becomes larger when you refer “Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML” SDK in your project,  which contains complete collection of the assemblies of Syncfusion UWP controls. So we can refer only the necessary assemblies required for creating app package of SfPdfViewer control to overcome the reported problem.  
Please find the list of assemblies required to deploy the SfPdfViewer control in UWP: 
1.       Syncfusion.Pdf.UWP.dll  
2.       Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.UWP.dll  
3.       Syncfusion.SfColorPickers.UWP.dll  
4.       Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP.dll  
5.       Syncfusion.SfRadialMenu.UWP.dll  
6.       Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP.dll  
You can refer these assemblies directly into your project and it can be available in the below location:  
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.5.1  
E,g: $system drive:\ Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.3.0.49\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0  
Please find the details of file size after creating app package for SfPdfViewer control by referring above assemblies in SfPdfViewerControl project below  
Package  
Platform  
File Size  
App Package  
x86  
16 MB  
X64  
16 MB  
ARM  
16 MB  

App bundle package  
 x86, x64 & ARM  
23 MB  

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.  
Regards,  
Sathish  

AM Anastasios Moraitis replied to Sathish Sivakumar October 20, 2016 08:26 AM UTC

Hi Anastasios,  
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
The file size of app package for SfPdfViewer control becomes larger when you refer “Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML” SDK in your project,  which contains complete collection of the assemblies of Syncfusion UWP controls. So we can refer only the necessary assemblies required for creating app package of SfPdfViewer control to overcome the reported problem.  
Please find the list of assemblies required to deploy the SfPdfViewer control in UWP: 
1.       Syncfusion.Pdf.UWP.dll  
2.       Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.UWP.dll  
3.       Syncfusion.SfColorPickers.UWP.dll  
4.       Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP.dll  
5.       Syncfusion.SfRadialMenu.UWP.dll  
6.       Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP.dll  
You can refer these assemblies directly into your project and it can be available in the below location:  
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.5.1  
E,g: $system drive:\ Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.3.0.49\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0  
Please find the details of file size after creating app package for SfPdfViewer control by referring above assemblies in SfPdfViewerControl project below  
Package  
Platform  
File Size  
App Package  
x86  
16 MB  
X64  
16 MB  
ARM  
16 MB  

App bundle package  
 x86, x64 & ARM  
23 MB  

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.  
Regards,  
Sathish  

thanks, if i do that, i should change this import? :  xmlns:syncfusion="using:Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer"

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 21, 2016 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Anastasios, 

Please find the details for your query in the below table: 

Query 
Details 
 if i do that, i should change this import? :  xmlns:syncfusion="using:Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer" 
No, we need not change this import “using:Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer” in the project and it is the default namespace we need to use for referring SfPdfViewer control in project. 

We have also created a simple sample for displaying the PDF document in SfPdfViewer by referring only the required assemblies mentioned in our last update instead of referring the entire Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML SDK and it can be download from the below link: 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon