I have a strange problem since I installed Syncfusion 2030. Before, I used Syncfusion 22.214.171.124, and it was working perfectly!
Here is the problem:
I created a new usercontrol with a databoundGrid in it. I build and place the UC in my form : It''s working perfectly!!!
NOW, I add a readonly property in the UC, to show the dataBoundGrid, like the following :
Public ReadOnly Property Grid() As GridDataBoundGrid
The problem is, now, I cant see the usercontrol properties in the design view.
If I want to see the usercontrol Properties, I must add a the ''set'' part of the property.
another thing, if I add an attribute in the property like :
Public Property Grid() As GridDataBoundGrid
Set(ByVal value As GridDataBoundGrid)
I also get the problem : I cant see any usercontrol properties. The property window is blank!..... empty!
You will see a project exemple in the end of the post.
Do you see the problem with my exemple?
Is there a bug? a assembly problem?
Just for info : In my system, I have Syncfusion 1618, 2015, 2030.... When I switch to 1618, everything''s OK....when I use 2xxx, I see the problem!
thanks for helping
the attribute of the property does not appear in the post :
I use the ComponentModel.DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content parameter...
AdministratorApril 5, 2004 11:26 PM UTC
I can see the issue. I have consulted the development team regarding this and we will follow up with you.
Thanks for your patience.
AdministratorApril 6, 2004 11:54 AM UTC
one quick question: Which framework version are you using and did you change the framework version?
I am asking because there is a problem with the .NET 1.1 framework with usage of readonly problems with designers. So, could it be you were using 1.0 at the time you checked 126.96.36.199.
AdministratorApril 6, 2004 05:06 PM UTC
I can confirm that this is a problem with Framework 1.1, but it''s not only a problem of the framework itself. We are using the same properties in the past and after updating to 188.8.131.52, I got the problem as Syl is describing.
AdministratorApril 6, 2004 05:08 PM UTC
To be more specific about updating:
from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
AdministratorApril 6, 2004 07:49 PM UTC
Hi Thomas and Syl,
Thanks for pointing this out.
I found the problem and fixed it for the next build. It was unrelated to the above mentioned .NET 1.1 issue.
SYSylApril 7, 2004 05:13 AM UTC
I wish the next version will be available soon.....
(Syl pour les intimes!)