We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with GridDataBoundGrid

hi I have a strange problem since I installed Syncfusion 2030. Before, I used Syncfusion 1.6.1.8, and it was working perfectly! Here is the problem: I created a new usercontrol with a databoundGrid in it. I build and place the UC in my form : It''s working perfectly!!! NOW, I add a readonly property in the UC, to show the dataBoundGrid, like the following : Public ReadOnly Property Grid() As GridDataBoundGrid Get Return GridDataBoundGrid1 End Get End Property The problem is, now, I cant see the usercontrol properties in the design view. If I want to see the usercontrol Properties, I must add a the ''set'' part of the property. another thing, if I add an attribute in the property like : _ Public Property Grid() As GridDataBoundGrid Get Return GridDataBoundGrid1 End Get Set(ByVal value As GridDataBoundGrid) _GridDataBoundGrid1= value End Set End Property I also get the problem : I cant see any usercontrol properties. The property window is blank!..... empty! You will see a project exemple in the end of the post. Do you see the problem with my exemple? Is there a bug? a assembly problem? Just for info : In my system, I have Syncfusion 1618, 2015, 2030.... When I switch to 1618, everything''s OK....when I use 2xxx, I see the problem! thanks for helping bye Syl ucDataGrid_5405.zip

7 Replies

SY Syl April 5, 2004 10:58 AM UTC

the attribute of the property does not appear in the post : it''s a DesignerSerializationVisibility attribute I use the ComponentModel.DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content parameter... bye syl

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2004 11:26 PM UTC

Hi Syl, I can see the issue. I have consulted the development team regarding this and we will follow up with you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Jay N

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 11:54 AM UTC

Syl, one quick question: Which framework version are you using and did you change the framework version? I am asking because there is a problem with the .NET 1.1 framework with usage of readonly problems with designers. So, could it be you were using 1.0 at the time you checked 1.6.1.8. Thanks, Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 05:06 PM UTC

Stefan, I can confirm that this is a problem with Framework 1.1, but it''s not only a problem of the framework itself. We are using the same properties in the past and after updating to 2.0.3.0, I got the problem as Syl is describing. Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 05:08 PM UTC

Stefan, To be more specific about updating: from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.0 Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 07:49 PM UTC

Hi Thomas and Syl, Thanks for pointing this out. I found the problem and fixed it for the next build. It was unrelated to the above mentioned .NET 1.1 issue. Stefan

SY Syl April 7, 2004 05:13 AM UTC

hello good news! I wish the next version will be available soon..... bye! Sylvain (Syl pour les intimes!)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon