We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid localization

Hi,

can you please check why the grid localization don't work on the page in the attachment

The  <script type="text/javascript" src="ej.widget.all.min.js"></script> part is from http://csg.syncfusion.com/
There are no console errors but the dates and numbers don't localize (date stays at 2016-28-9T00:00:00)

The Master page contains the  <%: Scripts.Render("~/bundles/Scripts/Library") %>   and the bundle contains "jquery.globalize.min.js"

I tried adding the ej.web.all.min.js in the bundle but it didn't help.

Attachment: Default_407995e0.7z

5 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team September 28, 2016 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Pratura, 

We are able to reproduce the reported error “Format not applied to date column while binding data to grid using ajax call” using the shared code example. 

By default, the JSON array will be parsed and thus will be bound to the grid. But when obtaining the JSON array in an AJAX success event, we need to parse the JSON using the ej.parseJSON property. We have already discussed on this topic in our Knowledge base. Please refer to the below knowledge base link. 

We have created a sample with the above solution, which can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

PR Pratura September 28, 2016 08:16 AM UTC

Thank you.

The date formatting works now with parseJSON, but the number format does not put the decimal separator format for the hr-HR culture.

I know you can't reproduce the same problem for some reason in the new project but the problem is there in our project.

Can you point me in the right direction as to where should I search the issue for this.

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team September 29, 2016 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Pratura, 

The cause of the reported issue may be due to missing reference of the culture file in the project. So could you please ensure the culture file “hr-HR” is present in the mentioned location as defined in your aspx page? 

Please refer to the below online documentation for localization. 

Following the steps mentioned in the above online documentation yields your required output. So please refer to the above link and ensure the steps in your sample. 

If you are still facing issue, please share the issue reproducible sample such that we can assist you better. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

PR Pratura September 29, 2016 11:51 AM UTC

I have the culture file hr-HR defined in my aspx page (as you could see in the attachment) and there are no javascript or any other errors
The file gets loaded.
But it's still not localizing, so maybe there is another js reference that i'm missing prior to culture js.
I tried with ej.web.all.js but it didn't help.

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team September 30, 2016 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Pratura, 

We have created a sample with the provided code example and we are unable to reproduce the reported query at our end. So please share the following details. 

1.       Your ej.widgets.all.min.js file that you have downloaded using CSG tool. Also, share the ej.web.all.js file in which the issue still reproduces. 
2.       Screenshot of the files that you have selected while downloading file from CSG. 
3.       Screenshot of the culture scripts location in your sample project. 
4.       Video demo of the issue that you are facing. 
5.       Essential studio version details and browser version details. 
6.       Reproduce the issue in the provided sample and share. 
7.       Share your Site.Master page and also bundle.config file. 

We can assist you better only if you share all the above requested details. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon