We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XlsIO ProgressEventArgs values explained

I'm  currently investigating the ProgressEventHandler for the XlsIO. I see that the ProgressEventArgs has two readonly values, Position and FullSize. Does anyone know what these values actually mean? There is a massive difference in the values that are returned when processing an XLSX and XLS. The XLS value looks like it might be rows, but the XLSX is a puzzle as it seems to be more than the number of worksheets in the file, but a lot less than the number of rows.

private void ActionProgressEvent(object sender, ProgressEventArgs args)
{
    string x = string.Format("{1} - {0}", args.FullSize, args.Position);
    Console.WriteLine(x);
}

excelEngine.Excel.ProgressEvent += ActionProgressEvent;

The reason I'm look at this, is that I have problematic Excel files that I'm trying to open unsuccessfully. I'm hoping that once I understand the values I can use the information to narrow down where the issue preventing me from opening the file.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

4 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team September 21, 2016 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Gareth, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The parameters Position and FullSize denotes the cursor position and full size of the file stream while parsing. It doesn’t mean the rows and worksheets count of the Excel document. 

It would be better if you could share us the file that cause the issue at your end. This which will be helpful for us to provide a prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

GA Gareth September 21, 2016 03:21 PM UTC

Hi Abirami,

I'm not trying to use this on a specific issue, but use it to aid in diagnosing an issue. Rather than try and guess where an issue is, I was hoping this would allow use to narrow the location so we can investigate.

We have the issue that due to company policy we can't send client documents, so we need to understand the issue so we can create a clean document to send to Syncfusion.

Gareth

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team September 22, 2016 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Gareth, 

Thank you for updating us. 

Kindly provide us the duplicate copy of the input document with dummy element content in the place of your confidential data. So that we could analyze the exact cause of the issue and will provide you the prompt solution at the earliest. 

Note: This document will be used only for reproducing issue and testing purposes to avoid such issue in future. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

GA Gareth September 22, 2016 02:06 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply Abirami. I think we can close this thread. You answered my question.

Gareth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon