We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Exported PDF Report not opening in Adobe

Hi,
I am facing the issue in opening syncfusion exported PDF file. I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC-2015.017.20053 in windows-8/mac machine. The syncfuion version is 13.1.0.21.
I generated the reports using report viewer and exported the report in pdf (pdf attached). When I open the file in adobe reader in the version mentioned above, I get the following error alert (attached).
"An Internal Error Occurred"
The same pdf opens in old version acrobat as well as other pdf viewers.
Attached the orinal pdf and also screenshots of error occurred.
Is there anything I can fix through syncfusion? 

Adobe acrobat dc: version 2015.017.20053
syncfusion: version 13.1.0.21

Attachment: attachments_6794523b_6f6dce4f.zip

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 20, 2016 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Siva, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have exported the report with our RDL file using Essential studio build version (13.1.0.21) and it opens properly without any exception in latest Adobe Reader. We suspect that the issue might occur due to generation/construction of the pdf elements in PDF Layout while exporting to pdf. Please share your issue reproducible Report definition file with datasource to validate the mentioned issue at our end. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon