We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

'MySQL' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Hi,

I'm getting this error when i try to run this "hadoop jar %SYNCBDP_HOME%\SDK\Hadoop\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-examples-*.jar  pentomino /pentomino" command in Hadoop section. 

Getting this error "'MySQL' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." when i open big data power shell command.

Attaching error details. I tried all possible option but not able to solve this problem. Can you please help me on this?

Appreciated for solving my problem.

Thanks
Venkateshwaralu

Attachment: Error_20ff059a.rar

3 Replies

CM Churchil Mariyasagayaraj Syncfusion Team September 14, 2016 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Venkatesh, 
Thank you for using Syncfusion BigData Platform. 
We suspect that MySQL software is installed in your machine. In MySQL, some of directory’s name which contain “&” character in it. Due to this “&” character Hadoop command shell execution failed.  
Please remove the MySQL System variables form your machine.  
Above solution may affect the MySQL functionalities. So we have considered this as defect; we have created incident for this defect. We will assist you through incident under your Direct Trac account.  
Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:     
Regards, 
Churchil M  

VW Venkatesh Waralu September 15, 2016 05:23 AM UTC

Thank you Churchil.

Please let me know if you need any more information from my side.

RR Ramkumar R Syncfusion Team September 16, 2016 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Venkatesh, 

We would like you to follow up with the incident created under your account for the solution. 

Thanks, 
Ramkumar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon