We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoComplete (Xamarin.Forms on Android): unable to type

I've a reasonably simple implementation of SfAutoComplete on my page - but I don't seem to be able to type in it at all... It's behaving like a readonly Entry.

Here's my code:
xmlns:autocomplete="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.XForms"
<autocomplete:SfAutoComplete 
                  HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"
                  x:Name="CompaniesAutoComplete"
                  IsEnabled="{Binding ShowCompanies}"
                  SuggestionMode="Contains" AutoCompleteMode="SuggestAppend" 
                  MinimumPrefixCharacters="1"
                  Watermark="Select a company..." />
I also have a little code in the source to populate the autocompletion suggestions:
CompaniesAutoComplete.AutoCompleteSource = d.Companies.Select(c => c.HumanReadable).ToList();
(This resolves to a List<string> for the AutoCompleteSource.)

Any ideas why I can't type in the box?

3 Replies

LW Lewis Westbury September 4, 2016 09:17 PM UTC

A partial solution for anyone else seeing this! Don't put it inside a Table. I changed the layout to StackLayout and all's well.

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team September 5, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Lewis Westbury,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue ,Unable to edit the SfAutoComplete inside the Tableview in Xamarin. We have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R. 

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team September 5, 2016 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Lewis Westbury,

The fix of reported issue, Unable to edit the SfAutoComplete inside the Tableview in Xamarin will be available in our upcoming Volume 3 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of September 2016.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon