We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Current work around for exporting databoundgrid to excel doc

Hi, I''m just curious about how I would export a databoundgrid to an excel document in excelRW''s current form? I don''t have the example code in my samples... Thanks Andy J

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2004 06:02 PM UTC

Hi Andy, There are many options for exporting a Databound grid 1)The data from the grid is exported and the formatting is applied using ExcelRW API. I have attached a sample demonstrating this method. 2)The data from the grid is exported and the formatting is done using MS Excel. In this method you can create a template file and do the formatting using MS Excel and then open the template file using ExcelRW and insert data from the grid. Please let me know if you require a sample for this. 3)Exporting both the data and formatting from the grid. Essential grid will have the capability to export both data and formatting. This feature will be available in 2-3 weeks time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Stephen Jebaraj. >Hi, > >I''m just curious about how I would export a databoundgrid to an excel document in excelRW''s current form? I don''t have the example code in my samples... > >Thanks > >Andy J ExportDataBoundGrid_6869.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2004 07:30 PM UTC

Hi Andy, Please disregard the sample attached in my previous reply. The sample is incomplete. I have attached the correct sample in this reply. Sorry for the confusion. Regards, Stephen. ExportDataBoundGrid_987.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2004 01:34 AM UTC

Could you supply the sample for the template? Thanks Andy J

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2004 02:09 PM UTC

Hi Andy, Here is the sample. ExportDataBoundUsingTemplate_9678.zip In this sample i created a workbook using MS Excel (Template.xls) and inserted a few images and did some formatting. The advantage is that you need not write code for doing the formatting work. You can do all the formatting using MS Excel''s rich UI. Finally the template file is opened and all the formattings is read from the file and written to our file along with the data from the databound grid. This method is very convenient in situations where the data in the grid is unformatted and you would like to have a formatted Excel report. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Best Regards, Stephen Jebaraj. >Could you supply the sample for the template? > >Thanks > >Andy J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon