We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Hangs on Android when there is a large amount of data to plot

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

125626 Aug 29,2016 03:11 PM UTC Aug 30,2016 02:40 PM UTC Xamarin.Forms 1
Tags: SfChart
Scott Smith
Asked On August 29, 2016 03:11 PM UTC

I am using a sfChart with a line series and date time axis with interval type set to Days.  It works fine when I give a weeks worth of data, about 3300 items, to plot.  However, when I give a months work of data, about 14,000 items, to plot it hangs and the app eventually is terminated by the OS.  On iOS this work fine all of the time.

I am not sure, but I think it has to do with memory usage and garbage collection during rendering on Android.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Yuvaraj Palanisamy [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 30, 2016 02:40 PM UTC

Hi Scott Smith, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have already logged a feature report for this and currently we are implementing the Memory usage support in xamarin.Forms.  

This will be available in our upcoming release.  

Disclaimer : The date for the feature implementation is tentative and not a commitment on our parts.  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;