We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ejReportViewer Export Problem When Using OWIN Authentication

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

125572 Aug 25,2016 10:03 AM Jan 17,2017 05:30 AM JavaScript 5
Tags: ejReportViewer
Vikas Patil
Asked On August 25, 2016 10:03 AM

I'm working on an HTML5/AngularJS web app that has a .NET WebApi backend.  We are using OWIN Authentication. We are using RDLC report for this app and data through web api. Reports are load/view/print done properly. But when I click on export button it throw error. We try your suggestion as per thread 119064, but not working. 

When I remove OWIN Authentication report exports properly.

I am attaching my sample project herewith. (Username - admin, Password - Admin)

Please guide us.

Thanks

Vikas Patil

Attachment: O_And_M__1_e24f36f3.rar

Yuvaraj Devarajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 29, 2016 02:40 AM

Hi Vikas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We noticed that you had created incident #162816 was created for the same query. So, please follow up the incident #162816 for further assistance.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

julien
Replied On September 6, 2016 04:57 AM

hiYuvaraj,

Please, can you tell me the solution for this problem ? I've got the same issue...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

julien

Yuvaraj Devarajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2016 02:44 AM

Hi Julien, 

We also have an issue when exporting the report using owin authentication in application, and we have logged a defect report on this. A support incident has been created to track the status of this issue under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D 

Hasan Akgun
Replied On January 16, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi Julien, 

We also have an issue when exporting the report using owin authentication in application, and we have logged a defect report on this. A support incident has been created to track the status of this issue under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D 

So what is the status of this issue?

Ravi Kumar Gurunathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 17, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi Hasan, 

The mentioned issue “exporting the report using owin authentication in application” occurred due to override the WebAPi register method in owin startup.cs file. In which you may have registered WebAPI in both Owin startup class page and Global.asax page, hence the issue occurred. So, we request you to avoid registering WebAPI configure in owin startup class as shown in the following code snippet, 

Startup.cs  
        public void Configuration(IAppBuilder app)  
        {  
            HttpConfiguration config = new HttpConfiguration();  

ConfigureOAuth(app);  

//WebApiConfig.Register(config);  

app.UseCors(Microsoft.Owin.Cors.CorsOptions.AllowAll);  
            app.UseWebApi(config);  
        } 

Note:  If the issue still occurred, then please share us issue replicable sample using OWIN authentication. This may helpful to validate the issue from our side. 

Regards, 
Ravi kumar G 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;