We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ejReportViewer Export Problem When Using OWIN Authentication

I'm working on an HTML5/AngularJS web app that has a .NET WebApi backend.  We are using OWIN Authentication. We are using RDLC report for this app and data through web api. Reports are load/view/print done properly. But when I click on export button it throw error. We try your suggestion as per thread 119064, but not working. 

When I remove OWIN Authentication report exports properly.

I am attaching my sample project herewith. (Username - admin, Password - Admin)

Please guide us.

Thanks

Vikas Patil

Attachment: O_And_M__1_e24f36f3.rar

5 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Vikas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We noticed that you had created incident #162816 was created for the same query. So, please follow up the incident #162816 for further assistance.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

JU julien September 6, 2016 08:57 AM UTC

hiYuvaraj,

Please, can you tell me the solution for this problem ? I've got the same issue...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

julien

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team September 7, 2016 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Julien, 

We also have an issue when exporting the report using owin authentication in application, and we have logged a defect report on this. A support incident has been created to track the status of this issue under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D 

HA Hasan Akgun replied to Yuvaraj Devarajan January 16, 2017 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Julien, 

We also have an issue when exporting the report using owin authentication in application, and we have logged a defect report on this. A support incident has been created to track the status of this issue under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D 

So what is the status of this issue?

RK Ravi Kumar Gurunathan Syncfusion Team January 17, 2017 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Hasan, 

The mentioned issue “exporting the report using owin authentication in application” occurred due to override the WebAPi register method in owin startup.cs file. In which you may have registered WebAPI in both Owin startup class page and Global.asax page, hence the issue occurred. So, we request you to avoid registering WebAPI configure in owin startup class as shown in the following code snippet, 

Startup.cs  
        public void Configuration(IAppBuilder app)  
        {  
            HttpConfiguration config = new HttpConfiguration();  

ConfigureOAuth(app);  

//WebApiConfig.Register(config);  

app.UseCors(Microsoft.Owin.Cors.CorsOptions.AllowAll);  
            app.UseWebApi(config);  
        } 

Note:  If the issue still occurred, then please share us issue replicable sample using OWIN authentication. This may helpful to validate the issue from our side. 

Regards, 
Ravi kumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon