We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Question about CalculationMode

Hello Syncfusion,

I’ve an Excel spreadsheet whose calculation mode has been set by a user as ‘Manual’.

We have a process that converts the Excel to a MemoryStream and its saved to a database.

In another process we then convert the memory stream to an Excel Workbook:

str.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin)

Dim engine As New ExcelEngine()

Dim syncBook As Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl = engine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(str, ExcelOpenType.SpreadsheetML2010)

if syncBook.CalculationOptions.CalculationMode = ExcelCalculationMode.Manual

Return Nothing

End If

However the calculationmode is always set to Automatic.

I’ve tested by creating Excel sheets and saving the Formula Calculations as Manual. I’ve verified this by closing and reopening the file. However after this Excel has been converted to a Memory Stream and then reloaded by the code above, the CalculationMode is always Automatic.

Is there any way of detecting if a user would have changed the calculation mode of an Excel spreadsheet from Automatic to Manual?

Kind regards,
Goran

1 Reply

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team August 18, 2016 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Goran,   

We are able to reproduce the issue with “CalculationMode is not applied and have logged defect report. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns.  

Regards,   
Abirami.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon