We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager does not contain definition HostControl

I have the latest version of syncfusion 2.0.2 and I also have a build machine where I attempt to build my project which uses syncfusion. The build machine used to have an evalution version from some time ago. Now I am trying to build my application which builds fine on my machine on the build machine (the automated build is supposed to pick up the correct Syncfusion dlls). However, when I build on my machine everything builds fine. But on the build machine I get the error "''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager'' does not contain a definition for ''HostControl''" Do you have any idea what might be going wrong?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 07:51 PM UTC

Are you sure the build machine has the same version of Syncfusion? I seem to remember HostControl being a fairly new property. I''ve had those sort of issues due to a build machine having an older version of the Syncfusion DLLs either due to forgetting to upgrade, or the setup failing. (Or sometimes just having old Syncfusion DLLs sitting in the build directory which it couldn''t delete.) Also FYI, the latest version is now 2.0.3.0 (RC1).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 08:06 PM UTC

Hi Vikram, The DockingManager''s HostControl property has been added for the v2.0 releases only, and the previous v1.6 releases did not have it.Please make sure that both your build machine and development machine have the latest version of Essential Suite installed on them. Please try this suggestion and let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon