We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Memory/CPU issue with the UWP Chart control (Memory leak?)

Hi,

I have the following issue with the chart control (Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SfChart) :

• I’m working on an app, which (amongst other things) shows stock prices
  • There is 1 Page for showing the chart and another for selecting the stock
  • When you go back and forth (so selecting a stock, show the data, go back, selecting the 2., etc.) after a few stocks the memory consumption of the app goes up and then the CPU consumption also goes up, so the app becomes unresponsive and it eventually crashing.
  • When I comment out the chart from the XAML of the page, everything is fine
  • I use HiLoOpenCloseSeries, but a simple LineSeries has the same problem
  • It uses MVVM so the ItemSource of the Series is data-bound.

Here is what VS Performance Profiler shows:

VS

I attached a simple reproducer. Just click to “Go To Chart” in the first page and then to “Back” on the second and repeat this a few times (on my machine after 3 iteration the app is already dead).

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this really a bug? ..this seems to be a very simple scenario for a common use-case. Btw. the problem is already reproducible with 100 data points, so we are not talking about “lot of data point” here (so this one does not help).

Thanks,

Greg

Attachment: ChartReproducer_ff6b4335.zip

2 Replies

GK Gergely Kalapos August 15, 2016 12:19 PM UTC

So Here is the image from VS profiler. 

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team August 16, 2016 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have analyzed your reported problem and when navigating one page to other, we have to clear previous page’s chart series ItemsSource. We have modified your sample based on this. Please find the sample from the following location.

Sample:ChartReproducer_(2)

Also, you can get high performance by using the fast charts. Please refer the below link

https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/sfchart/series#fast-charts 

Thanks,

Santhiya A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon