We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfPdfViewer crash on resize

Hi,
I've tried to create simple demo application with Pdf Viewer control, MVVM style via ItemSource binding, document successfully loaded, but application crashes every time I try to resize main window.
xaml:

werControl>

cs:

publicStreamDocumentStream

{

get{return_pdfFileStream; }

set

{

_pdfFileStream =value;

RaisePropertyChanged(() => DocumentStream);

}

}

private void LoadFile() {

Assemblyassembly =typeof(MainPage).GetTypeInfo().Assembly;

DocumentStream= assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("App2.Assets.Windows Store Apps Succinctly.pdf");

}

stacktrace:

value cannot be null. Parameter name: crossTable

at Syncfusion.Pdf.Parsing.PdfLoadedPageCollection..ctor(PdfDocumentBase document, PdfCrossTable crossTable)

at Syncfusion.Pdf.Parsing.PdfLoadedDocument.get_Pages()

at Syncfusion.Pdf.Parsing.PdfLoadedDocument.get_PageCount()

at Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer.SfPdfViewerControl.LoadDocument(PdfLoadedDocument loadedDocument)

at Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer.SfPdfViewerControl.<SfPdfViewerControl_SizeChanged>d__36.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()

p.s.no crash if I loaded through PdfLoadedDocument ldoc and call pdf.LoadDocument(ldoc);

3 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team August 11, 2016 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Sergey, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have created a new incident under your account for the issue “PDF Viewer crashes on resizing when the document is loaded as stream”. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Akshaya. 

AM Anastasios Moraitis September 23, 2016 03:42 PM UTC

Hi sergey, what was the workaround for this bug? i have this problem, too...

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team September 26, 2016 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Anastasios, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have fixed the issue “PDF Viewer crashes on resizing when the document is loaded as stream” and it will be included in our Essential Studio Volume 3, which is expected to be rolled out by the end of September 2016. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon