We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Downgrape to xamarin 2.1

HI I just start using this new controls, i started with SfDataGrid; and I have the following error: 
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Xamarin.Forms.ElementTemplate' from assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

is this a xamarin version problem?

how can downgrade to a xamarin correct version ?

6 Replies

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team August 9, 2016 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Miguel, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Yes, this is a Xamarin version problem. This error usually occurs when there is a mismatch of Xamarin NuGet packages between your sample and SfDataGrid assemblies. Our 14.2.0.28 version of release supports Xamarin NuGet of version 2.3.0.49. Xamarin recommends the NuGet packages to be inline in order to avoid potential issues. So please uninstall all the other version of NuGets and use 2.3.0.49 version in your sample. Clean and rebuild the project before running it.

You can see the software requirements of Syncfusion controls from our read me information.
ReadMe link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v14.2.0.28/ReadMe/Xamarin_Forms.html  

Please uninstall all the Xamarin NuGet packages installed in your sample and then install 2.3.0.49 version Xamarin NuGet packages which is available in “Manage NuGet packages” option in properties section of your sample. 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

MA Miguel Arenas August 9, 2016 10:52 PM UTC

Thank you for help.

Now the aplication run without erros, but doesn;t show nothnig in the screen, it show a white screen.

This is the sample code that i'm using.
https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfdatagrid/getting-started

here is part of the code, i think i missing some code:

SfDataGrid dataGrid;
        public App()
        {
            dataGrid = new SfDataGrid();
            dataGrid.ItemsSource = new OrderInfoRepository().OrderInfoCollection; //viewModel.OrderInfoCollection;
            //OrderInfoRepository viewModel = new OrderInfoRepository();

MainPage = new ContentPage { Content = dataGrid };
        }

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team August 10, 2016 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Miguel, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue and the data is loading find in our side. We have prepared a sample based on our below getting started UG link for your reference.  

You can download the working copy of the sample from the below link. 

Also please refer the output screenshot of our sample below, 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

MA Miguel Arenas August 10, 2016 05:29 PM UTC

Thank you for your answer. The screenshot, that you send is for windows phone, have you try on android?

MA Miguel Arenas August 10, 2016 05:49 PM UTC

I finally found the problem, base on your sample; I dind't add 2 references in the android project, that were on the core.

Thank you.

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team August 11, 2016 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Miguel, 

We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon