We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting Change Event to Fire in SyncFusion's SFAutoComplete Control

I asked this question over on Stack Overflow, figured I would also report it here:

I am trying to use the SFAutoComplete control from SyncFusion in a Xamarin iPad app. (only iPad).

I am not able to get any sort of change event to fire.

What I've tried:

If you download SyncFusion and install it, it comes with a "SampleBrowser" app that has samples for all the controls in the suite.

If you open that SampleBrowser in visual studio and open the AutoComplete_Tablet.cs file after line 97, I've added this code:

countryAutoComplete.ValueChanged += (sender, args) =>
 {
     suggestionModeLabel.Text = "IT WORKED!";
 };

But it never fires.

I've tried to use several different events from the list of events this control has (partial list from screenshot):

enter image description here

None of them seem to fire (I haven't tried ALL of them).

What do I need to do to get one of these events to fire? What am I missing?

1 Reply

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team August 4, 2016 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Patrick Burrows,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have Delegate property to hook the events of SfAutoComplete. We have created a sample for achieving your requirement. Please download the same from the following link

Linkhttp://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125261/ze/testingAutoComplete_21799375630 

Code Example,

autocomplete.Delegate = new SFAutoCompleteDelegate();

public class SFAutoCompleteDelegate : AutoCompleteDelegate
{
public override void DidTextChange(SFAutoComplete SFAutoComplete, string value)
// Hook while changing the text in SfAutoComplete
}
public override void DidSelectionChange(SFAutoComplete SFAutoComplete, string value)
//Hook while changing the suggestion from Suggestion box
}

Regards, 
Hemalatha M.R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon