We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart DateTimeAxis memory leak

I've recently encountered a memory leak using a date time axis with an SfChart FastLineBitmapSeries. Sometimes it fails to display any graph data, and quickly consumes all of my RAM. Profiling shows that it is the axis that seems to be using it all, but I haven't been able to pin down the cause of the leak, except it seems to have something to do with whether data is being streamed to the graph before it is drawn or not.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and would be able to point me at what the cause of this problem might be?

4 Replies

MB Michelle Barnett August 2, 2016 10:53 AM UTC

I forgot to add that this leak only seems to occur if the application is full screen, too. Everything works fine otherwise.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team August 3, 2016 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are not able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link. 

If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you. 

Regards, 
Devi 

MB Michelle Barnett August 3, 2016 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Devi,

Firstly, I couldn't build the sample for some reason.

Secondly, we fixed the issue on our end, but there is still an issue with the library that might catch out other people. We figured out that something was going wrong with our calculation for the range of the DateTimeAxis and we were occasionally sending a range where the end time was before the start time - when this happened, the Axis clearly got stuck in some sort of loop and started eating memory. It really should bounds check the range, and error if given invalid values. We would have discovered our error much more quickly if it had.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team August 4, 2016 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Michelle, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

As we are not able to reproduce the reported problem while applying the range for the DateTimeAxis as you stated. We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link, 

If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.  

Regards,  
Devi  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon