We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Controlling the arrow sign next to the GroupBarItem

Hi,

I'm trying to expand a specific GroupBarItem and collapse all the other GroupBarItem's in the process, for that I'm using a click event that works great when I'm pressing the GroupBarItem, but not when I press the arrow sign next to the GroupBarItem (then the click event isn't firing).

Is there a way to disable to arrow sign or use another event besides the click event so that I could capture both the GroupBarItem click and arrow sign click?

Regards,

Dov.

Attachment: 1_f0225ad0.rar

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 2, 2016 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Dov,

In our GroupBar control, the click event of the GroupBarItem will fire only on clicking the GroupBarItem and not on arrow in it. To capture the click event of GroupBarItem on clicking the Item and on arrow sign, the IsHitVisible property need to be set as False for the arrow button, which can be fetched using FindName method. Please refer the code example for the same as below:  
 Code snippet:  

FrameworkElement btn = (sender as GroupBarItem).Template.FindName("Expander", sender as GroupBarItem) as FrameworkElement; 
                if(btn != null) 
                { 
                    btn.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed; 
                 btn.IsHitTestVisible=false; 
                } 

Regards, 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

DO Dov August 2, 2016 01:06 PM UTC

That's working great.

Thanks.

Dov

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 3, 2016 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Dov,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon