We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Direct print using SfReportViewer in uwp

Hi Team,
I am using syncfusion controls version 14.1.0.46 in my UWP project.
For the reporting purpose i am using SfReportViewer and its working fine.
I need to print my reports directly without previewing in SfReportViewer  in UWP.

9 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Krishna,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We have published a KB to print the report directly without viewing in UWP using Report Writer. Please refer to the following KB link for more details on this.   

Regards,   
Vinoth S.   

KP Krishna Prasad July 29, 2016 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth S

Thank you for your response.
I had tried with the given project and from that i am not able to click print more than one and which shows error like,
"An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.ni.dll but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"
and also i am not able to use it in my UWP project . When i call await Windows.Graphics.Printing.PrintManager.ShowPrintUIAsync ( );
which shows error like
"An exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred but was not handled in user code

WinRT information: Windows.Graphics.Printing.PrintManager is not supported on the view provided."

And our application works in Any CPU platform and for debugging this code i have to set specific CPU option,So is it possible configure Any CPU option

Please advise..

Thanks and regards
Krishna Prasad.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 1, 2016 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Krishna, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have modified the sample based on the reported issues. It can be downloaded from the below location. 

Also we have updated the sample in our below KB. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

KP Krishna Prasad August 11, 2016 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth S,
Thank you for your response.
The given code is working fine,
if i do direct printing then its comes with default font and i can't able to customize it.

Please advice.

Regards,   
Krishna Prasad. 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 12, 2016 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Krishna, 

As the UWP doesn’t provide access to the installed font data, Unicode fonts cannot be embedded directly in PDF exported document. So we need to add required Unicode font files as an embedded resource to the application. The Unicode font streams need to be added to the Report Writer’s PDFFonts collection to export report as PDF format with Unicode fonts as shown in the below code snippet. 

writer.PDFFonts = new Dictionary<string, Stream>(); 
Stream fontStream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("UWPDirectPrinting.Assets.segoeui.ttf"); 
writer.PDFFonts.Add("Segoe UI", fontStream); 

We have modified the sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S.  

KP Krishna Prasad August 12, 2016 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Team,
Thank you for your  quick response.
I had tried with the given font changing  code, 
then i am not able to print the report and if i  remove the  code its working fine.
I had added the fonts to my Assets folder and implemented the code provided by syncfusion.
Am i missing something?

Please advice.

Regards,   
Krishna Prasad. 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 12, 2016 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Krishna, 

We suspect that the Unicode font file stream added as null, please set the “Build Action” property of “segoeui.ttf” file as “Embedded Resource” type to add the font stream to Report Writer. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

KP Krishna Prasad November 9, 2016 01:24 PM UTC

Hello Synfusion team!

The solution for direct printing from RDLC is really nice and working well.

However, one of the most used features in LOB application is printing directly to the laser printer without the pop-up. Because of the restrictions in UWP, for e.g. Epson has a e-POS SDK for the bridge to directly call the printer from the application which works within the UWP framework. We use it for the POS receipt printing.

We tried to use the  Brokered Windows Runtime Components using the Microsoft example with the synfusion RDLC print without much luck (VS2015TemplateBrokeredComponents.)

I will be great is Syncfusion can come up with the direct printing solution. 

Thanks again to the great product team at Syncfusion!.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 17, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Krishna, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon