We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRichTextBoxAdv fit size to Window or UserControl size

Hi,

I having problems making this control to fit the content control it is inside. Whatever I do only makes the control the width of the Ribbon associated and the height small, unless I specify a width and a height.

I attached a file that shows how the control is shown, with the page view not even filling the control size unless the width and height of the UserControl or Window is specified.

Is there a way to make the control adaptable to the window/usercontrol size?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

EJ Emmima Josephine Jeyapaul Syncfusion Team July 27, 2016 12:53 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support

We are not able to reproduce the issue “SfRichTextBoxAdv fit size to Window or User Control size” at our end. Please find the sample link and video demo from the below link.

Sample Link: 
Video Demo: 

Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the mentioned issue and share us the same? So that we can analyze it further and provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest.

Also please provide information regarding Essential Studio version you are using?

Regards, 
Emmima.

DG David García July 27, 2016 02:10 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the quick response.

I have modified the example to show the problem, but now I think could because the Usercontrol instead being inside a Grid control is inside a ScrollViewer that works different, even in the example still fills horizontally but not vertically.

The only change I have made was Change the Grid in the MainWindow.xaml for a ScrollViewer.

Thanks in advance

Attachment: Localization730648597_f8265357.zip

DG David García July 27, 2016 02:20 PM UTC

Hi again,

I reply again as forget to add the Essential Studio version I use: 14.2.0.26

Thanks.

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 03:05 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update.

The SfRichTextBoxAdv control will be displayed with default size (200 x 200), when placed in controls/panels which will measure it with infinity. For example, ScrollViewer, StackPanel and Grid with Row.Height="Auto" or Column.Width="Auto" will measure with infinity. So, instead of placing SfRichTextBoxAdv inside ScrollViewer, kindly use it within Grid with Row.Height=” *”.

Could you please share us the reason for using Scroll Viewer? So that we can provide our suggestions.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

DG David García July 28, 2016 03:24 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply back.

Exactly as I imagine because the special treatment of the ScrollViewer I though fit to screen size would be not possible.

The reason to use ScrollViewer as a content for other UserControls is that they could not fit because too many data enter or too many data show at once so for the smaller screens/resolutions the ScrollViewer help adding the scroll bars atomatically when needed.

Thanks so much for the help provided and your comments.

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team July 29, 2016 06:47 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update.

In order to meet your requirement of using SfRichTextBoxAdv control inside a ScrollViewer, set the desired height to the Height property of SfRichTextBoxAdv.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon