We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception from SfDataGrid thrown only in Release mode

I have a page with 2 datagrids which normally functions perfectly, but when I build in Release mode (with .NET tool chain enabled) the SfDataGrid is throwing an exception:

Exception thrown: 'System.Exception' in Oceaneering.AssetIntegrity.McgInterop.dll
Additional information: ResourceMap Not Found.

Attached is an image of what the grid normally looks like in debug mode and the call stack I recovered by running the release build in the debugger.  I will attempt to gather more info (ie comment out various parts of the grid to see if I can debug further), but please let me know if you have any solution or any tips on how to debug this.

There are no SF-related errors when I build the release:

1>------ Build started: Project: CommonsIntegrationTests, Configuration: Release x64 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: CommonsTests, Configuration: Release x64 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: AssetIntegrityApp, Configuration: Release x64 ------
3>  AssetIntegrityApp -> C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\AssetIntegrityApp\bin\x64\Release\Oceaneering.AssetIntegrity.exe
1>  CommonsIntegrationTests -> C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsIntegrationTests\bin\x64\Release\FyrSoft.Oceaneering.CommonsIntegrationTests.exe
1>  Starting .NET Native compilation
1>  Processing application code
1>C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsIntegrationTests\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml(35): warning : ILTransform_0027: Method 'CreateLambda' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found.
1>C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsIntegrationTests\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml(91): warning : ILTransform_0027: Method 'ParameterIsAssignable' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found.
1>  Computing application closure and generating interop code
1>  Generating serialization code
1>  Compiling interop code
1>  Cleaning up unreferenced code
1>  Generating native code
1>  Generating fixups for native code
2>  CommonsTests -> C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsTests\bin\x64\Release\FyrSoft.Oceaneering.CommonsTests.exe
2>  Starting .NET Native compilation
2>  Processing application code
2>C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsTests\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml(35): warning : ILTransform_0027: Method 'CreateLambda' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found.
2>C:\dev\AssetIntegrityMobile\CommonsTests\Resources.System.Linq.Expressions.rd.xml(91): warning : ILTransform_0027: Method 'ParameterIsAssignable' within 'System.Linq.Expressions.Expression' could not be found.
2>  Computing application closure and generating interop code
2>  Generating serialization code
2>  Compiling interop code
2>  Cleaning up unreferenced code
2>  Generating native code
2>  Generating fixups for native code
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Attachment: releaseModeGridCrash_97f38fc8.zip

2 Replies

DD Deanna Delapasse July 26, 2016 12:27 PM UTC

I was able to resolve this thanks to an issue in the WinRT forum (https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/118701/universal-apps).   I added the file from the sample, but had to modify the name to "Syncfusion.SfGrid.UWP.Resources.resw" (was *.Universal*).

I'm not sure if that file is up-to-date though...is there an official place where we should download an updated resource file?

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team July 26, 2016 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Deanna,

The Resource Map not found exception is due to retrieving of localization resources file and it is not possible to avoid this exception in WinRT/UWP platforms. But you can overcome this exception by including that resource file in your application/sample.        
In the above sample, we have added the Resource file to avoid the exception.     
You can get the default resource file from the below UG link,     
Regards,  

Sowndaiyan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon