We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dependency of Javascript components with .Net Framework

Hi,
I'm wondering whether i can use the Js components developed with Syncfusion essential studio for JS can be used platform independent. It can be used to integrate with any backend framework other than .net ???

7 Replies

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team July 26, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Chitra, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support, 
Query: It can be used to integrate with any backend framework other than .net??? 
Solution: Yes, we can integrate Syncfusion components with various backend framework as per our requirement. 
We have prepared the Tree Grid sample with PHP as the backend framework for your reference. 
Please find the code snippet below: 
//To connect the Database 
<?php 
$username = "root"; 
$password = "Treegrid"; 
$hostname = "localhost";  
//connection to the database 
$dbhandle = mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password)  
  or die("Unable to connect to MySQL"); 
$selected = mysql_select_db("tgrid",$dbhandle)  
  or die("Could not select examples"); 
//execute the SQL query and return records 
$result = mysql_query("SELECT taskID, taskName,startDate, endDate,duration,parentID FROM gantt"); 
//fetch tha data from the database 
$emparray=array(); 
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { 
   $emparray[]=$row; 
} 
echo json_encode($emparray); 
//close the connection 
mysql_close($dbhandle); 
?> 

//To render TreeGrid 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
$(function(){ 
                        var data = ej.DataManager({ 
                                        url:"http://localhost:10080/phpsample/database.php",                              
                                                });                      
                        $("#treegrid").ejTreeGrid({ 
                                    // 
                            dataSource: data, 
                        }); 
}); 
</script> 

Please find the sample from below location 
Is this your requirement? If not could you please share us more details regarding your requirement and your required Platform with us. It would be helpful for us to serve you better. 
Please let us know if you need more information on this.
Regards,
Jone sherine P S

CH chitra July 26, 2016 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Jone,

Thanks  for your quick response.

One more clarification needed. As per the document,  the following are  the components  which require the server side setup with .Net framework assemblies.

·         Grid,

·         Schedule Reporting controls (ReportViewer),

·         Business Intelligence components (Pivot Grid)

·         File Format products (PDF and Presentation)

As I'm completely new to .NET world, Its little bit clumsy to understand the above statement. Does it mean that we cant integrate  these components  with Java REST APIs??

I installed the trial version of Syncfusion EJ studio in my system and  while i tried to run the sample applications it throws an alert by sating that i need to install IIS and .Net to get them run ....

Using this studio, Should i be able to select the component which i would like to use and customize it and then export the relevant code and use it in my web application??

As of now, none of the options are available for me in my local set up.

Kindly help me.

Thanks

Chitra

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team July 27, 2016 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Chitra, 
Please find the response below: 
Query1: As per the document, the following are the components which require the server side setup with .Net framework assemblies. As I'm completely new to .NET world, Its little bit clumsy to understand the above statement. Does it mean that we cant integrate these components  with Java REST APIs?? 
Solution:Please find the response below 
Grid: 
Grid Control can be rendered in client side without using .Net Framework and it can also be integrated with any REST api services from JAVA, PHP etc. But some server side operations like export can’t be integrated without using DLLs.   

ReportViewer: 
Currently we don’t have the support for ReportViewer control with Java REST APIs. You can run our control with server side in terms of using WebAPI Controller which required dependency libraries (assembly references).   

PivotGrid: 
Currently we don’t have the support to run the PivotGrid control with Java REST APIs. You can run our control with server side in terms of using WCF Service or WebAPI Controller which both required dependency libraries(assembly references). Also we have provided support to run our control with client side support which doesn’t required any dependencies.   
Please find the below documentation and online demo link for your reference.   

PDF: 
Currently we don’t have the support for PDF control with Java REST APIs. You can run our control with server side in terms of using WCF Service or WebAPI Controller which both required dependency libraries(assembly references).  

Presentation: 
Can you please share your specific requirement in using Presentation library with Java Rest APIs?  

Query2: I installed the trial version of Syncfusion EJ studio in my system and  while i tried to run the sample applications it throws an alert by sating that i need to install IIS and .Net to get them run .... 
Solution: 
Syncfusion samples will be launched only if IIS (v7.0 or 7.5) or Visual Studio(2010 or higher) is installed in your machine. Please install IIS (v7.0 or 7.5) or Visual Studio(2010 or higher) to run the Syncfusion samples.    
After installing IIS(v7.0 or 7.5) or Visual Studio(2010 and higher), please click on the Recheck button at the bottom of the Syncfusion Dashboard to refresh the recently installed software in your machine and then try running the samples.    
To open Syncfusion Dashboard:  
Start -> Syncfusion Dashboard {version}  
Example:  
Start -> Syncfusion Dashboard 14.2.0.26  

If you still face the same issue even after installing IIS or Visual Studio, please follow the steps suggested in the following KB article link and send us the zip file which consists of complete Syncfusion Installer logs generated by our tool. It would be much helpful for us to analyze the reported issue.   

Query3: Using this studio, Should i be able to select the component which i would like to use and customize it and then export the relevant code and use it in my web application?? 
Solution: While installing the Essential Studio we can select the required Platform. And we can get the samples by using EXPLORE SAMPLES option in Dashboard. 
Please find the Essential Studio installed Location below 
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.2.0.26 
Please find the Location of the Samples below: 
Location: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\14.2.0.26\ 

Please let us know if you need more information on this.
Regards,
Jone sherine P S

CH chitra July 28, 2016 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Jone,

Thanks for your excellent reply!!!!

1. Do you have any product demo video on how to use the essential studio to create the components?

2. Using the essential studio JS installed in my machine, i can just explore the samples only?? Can't i create my own component by overriding the default features?? I'm in the assumption that this studio is like a tool through which i can  create any component( from the predefined set of components ) and configure it via the studio and export the code which is to be used in my web pages..... Am i right? Please clarify on this....

Thanks,
Chitra

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team July 29, 2016 02:33 PM UTC

Hi Chitra, 
Currently there is no availability of video demo for essential studio functionalities. 
But please find our online documentation links for further reference 
In Dashboard we can explore the samples and we can customize them. 
In our project we can use the customized sample as per our requirement. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,

Jone sherine P S 

CH chitra July 29, 2016 03:28 PM UTC

Ok Jone...

Thanks a lot for your kind information.

I will come back to you if i need any further assistance.

Regards,
Chitra

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team August 1, 2016 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Chitra, 
Thanks for the update. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,

Jone sherine P S  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon