We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Customize the Toolbar and Parameters block

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

125079 Jul 20,2016 03:26 AM UTC Jul 21,2016 11:26 AM UTC WPF 2
Tags: ReportViewer
Geoff Scott
Asked On July 20, 2016 03:26 AM UTC

Hi

Could someone show me an example of how I might overload the show-hide Parameters button click event to run an event of my own?

I have some complex parameters and it would be nice to be able to slide in and out my own viewmodel-view.
I don't need to use the Parameters block.

I probably need to overload the refresh button as well.

Cheers
Geoff

Vinoth Srinivasan [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 21, 2016 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Geoff, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

You can set all the parameters as “Hidden”, so that the “Parameters Block” will be hidden in Report Viewer and use custom panel to input the parameter values and update the modified values to ReportViewer using SetParameter() API. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Vinoth Srinivasan [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 21, 2016 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,  

Please ignore our previous update. 

You can also use predefined API’s such as “ShowParametersBlock” and “ShowParameterButton”, to hide the “Parameters Block” in Report Viewer and use custom panel to input the parameter values and update the modified values to ReportViewer using SetParameter() API. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location.  

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;