We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ChartType selection help

Hi,

I'd like to visualize opening hours of some offices, but I'm not sure which chart is the best one. Look at the picture bellow. Do you have any suitable chart for this?
Chart

5 Replies

DD Dharanidharan Dharmasivam Syncfusion Team July 13, 2016 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Lukas, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. We have analyzed your query, Currently we don’t have support for gantt chart in ejChart, so we have created a feature request for your requirement. And also a support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. 

We have created work around sample in which we have used range column  series type and transposed the series. Here for opening and closing time of office, we have given data in date time format, currently we don’t have datetime support for yaxis,  so we have converted date time values to double in the load event. By using the axisLabelRendering event, we have rendered labels in date time format. Please find the code snippet below. 

Code snippet: 

JS: 

function load(sender) { 
      for (i = 0; i < sender.model.series[0].points.length; i++) { 
            sender.model.series[0].points[i].high = Date.parse(sender.model.series[0].points[i].high); 
                      sender.model.series[0].points[i].low = Date.parse(sender.model.series[0].points[i].low); 
                  } 
              } 
function label(sender) { 
          if (sender.data.axis.orientation == "horizontal") { 
                       var date = new Date(sender.data.label.Text); 
                      date = date.getHours(); 
                       if (date <= 12) 
                           sender.data.label.Text = date + ":00AM"; 
                       else { 
                           date = ((date + 11) % 12 + 1); 
                           sender.data.label.Text = date + ":00PM" 
                       } 
                   } 
} 

Screenshot: 

For your reference, kindly find the sample in below link, 

Thanks, 
Dharani. 

LK Lukas Kubis July 14, 2016 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Dharani,

thank you for your work around sample, it helped me a lot.

Best Regards
Lukas

DD Dharanidharan Dharmasivam Syncfusion Team July 18, 2016 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Lukas, 

Thanks for your update, please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.  

Thanks & Regards, 
D.Dharani. 

MD Márcio de Souza Júnior January 8, 2021 12:33 PM UTC

Hi! How can I achieve this using Xamarin Forms? I've tried following your example but the data is ploting in another month.

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team January 11, 2021 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Márcio de Souza Júnior, 

We have analyzed your query and we have achieved your requirement “The segment should be stacked when we have same datetime of XAxis” by using DateTimeAxis instead of using CategoryAxis. Please find the Code snippet below. 

CodeSnippet:[Xaml] 

<chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 
    <chart:DateTimeAxis Interval="1"  
                        IntervalType="Months"> 
        <chart:DateTimeAxis.LabelStyle> 
            <chart:ChartAxisLabelStyle LabelFormat="MMM"/> 
        </chart:DateTimeAxis.LabelStyle> 
    </chart:DateTimeAxis> 
</chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 

Also, we have attached the sample for your reference, please find the sample from the below link.’’ 

Output: 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon