We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dragging a header cell onto the group drop area

Which Grid components support groupping by columns (Outlook like) and How can I enable it? I''m trying to use GridDataBoundGrid control. I''m reffering to this http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/grid/features/grid_feat_12.aspx Thanks, SoS

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2004 08:11 PM UTC

That web page you referenced is in the Grid Grouping Section. The features listed there are found in the GridGroupingControl, and not in the GridDataBoundGrid. If you use the GridGroupingControl, you can display the droparea by setting the property, ShowGridGroupDropArea.

RP Rafal Piotrowski April 1, 2004 09:02 AM UTC

I cannot find the control that you are talking about!!! I have the evaluation version of the components. Where can I find the Goupping control???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 09:22 AM UTC

What version do you have? You need the 2.0.3.0 version of the evaluation to see the GridGoupingControl. The 1.6.1.8 evaluation version does not have this control. To get the 2.0.3.0 evaluation, you need to have contacted sales@syncfusion.com as explained by this note on the evaluation download page from our website. "Please note that the evaluation download is of the currently shipping version, 1.6. If you wish to evaluate the latest version of Essential Suite, version 2.0, which includes the new products Essential Chart, Diagram, Grouping and ExcelRW, please contact us at sales@syncfusion.com."

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon