We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll on ASPNETCORE

Hi
I'm write a ASPNETCORE 1.0 application and I want to use the same library of Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll for windows application.
There are the same nuget package for ASPNETCORE 1.0 ?

If not, you will release it in 2016?

Thanks

6 Replies

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team July 11, 2016 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Claudio, 
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 
We only use same APIs in Essential PDF for .Net Core and Windows Forms(.Net Framework). But as the architecture of .Net Core and Windows Forms are different we cannot use the same assemblies in both Frameworks. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Karthikeyan. 

AT ABLE Tech srl July 11, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Ok
For manipulate PDF file in ASPNETCORE server application wicth your dll should I use?

CM Chinnu Muniyappan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2016 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Claudio, 

You can use Syncfusion.Pdf.MVC nuget for manipulating PDF files. Please find the below link to get the latest ASP.Net MVC6 nuget packages. 

and also refer the below link to know more about how to work with nuget packages. 

Regards, 
Chinnu 

AT ABLE Tech srl July 18, 2016 01:37 PM UTC

Hi
I have download you nuget package and I have installed correctly into my Visual Studio 2015.
on the class Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfLoadedPage I do not find the old method "ExtractText".

this code do not compile:

using (var ldoc = new Syncfusion.Pdf.Parsing.PdfLoadedDocument(new FileStream("..." , FileMode.OpenOrCreate)))
            {
                if (ldoc.Pages != null)
                {
                    foreach (Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfLoadedPage lpage in ldoc.Pages)
                    {
                        if (lpage != null)
                            lpage.ExtractText(); --error at compile mode
                    }
                }
            }

why please?

Thanks

CM Chinnu Muniyappan Syncfusion Team July 19, 2016 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Claudio, 

Thank you for your update. 

Currently we don’t have support for extracting text form PDF document in ASP.Net core platform, we have added it to our feature request list. We will implement this in any of our future release, and let you know once this feature is implemented. 

Regards, 
Chinnu 

AT ABLE Tech srl July 19, 2016 12:33 PM UTC

Thanks in advanced

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon