We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridFloatCellsMode.BeforeDisplayCalculation performance

Hi everyone!

Here's my scenario: I have a virtual grid that is updated in a high frequency and needs to support floating cells. If I set FloatingCellsMode to GridFloatCellsMode.BeforeDisplayCalculation, everything works as expected, but (in CPU terms) setting the FloatingCellsMode property to OnDemandCalculation is 10x faster.

I solved some issues by, when a cell is updated, calling the FloatingCells.DelayFloatCells and FloatingCells.EvaluateFloatingCells respectively before and after updating the cell, but some scenarios still have problems.

The question is: in a high frequency update scenario, is OnDemandCalculation really the only option or is there any way to make BeforeDisplayCalculation faster?

Regards,
Rodrigo

1 Reply

AR Amal Raj U Syncfusion Team June 30, 2016 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Rodrigo, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

The mentioned performance difference between OnDemandCalculation and BeforeDisplayCalculation is the expected behavior. BeforeDisplayCalculation is used to force the float cells to always be calculated, but OnDemandCalculation mode calculates the float cells only when any changes are done to that cells, so performance difference between these properties are expected. We suggest you to use OnDemandCalculation mode for updating grid in high frequency. 

Please refer to the below UG link for further references. 

Regards, 
Amal Raj U. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon