We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Binding data source to rdlc report

Hello

I have made a sample web application with sample creator, my application consist of a report viewer, I also have a rdlc report which contain charts.

My questions are:

1. is it OK to create the reports and there data sets with report wizard, if so how then to bind the data to the report viewer where my data source is sql server database.

2. How to query the database with parameters ?

* I could not found a good documentation regard reports data source.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Anas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

If RDLC Report, we can achieve your requirement to specify the filter to Data Set or Data Region as shown in below screenshot,  

We have prepared a RDLC sample based on this and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Please refer the below screenshot more details on this, 

If RDL Report, we can use the query parameter to filter the report data as shown in below screenshot. 

ReportBuilder: 

We have prepared the sample and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Please refer the below MSDN article more detail about Query Parameter. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AA Anas Alwindawee June 30, 2016 06:32 AM UTC

Hello Yuvaraj,

Many thanks for your help, I managed to make it work.

Just I have another issue, that is the chart in report viewer draw all the points at one point on date axis as shown in below image, I tried with settings of chart axis but no thing change, could you please help.

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team July 1, 2016 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Anas, 

We are unable to replicate the mentioned issue at our end. The series group and category group axis are working fine at our end. We have prepared a sample using chart report items and it can be downloaded from the below location,   

Please refer to the below output rendered screenshot:   

If the issue still persists, then share the issue reproducible ReportDefinition (RDLC) file with data to validate the mentioned issue at our end.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AA Anas Alwindawee July 3, 2016 09:52 PM UTC

Hello Yuvaraj,

Many thanks for your kind support, the problem solved after I changed the date format, may be it's interesting that the report viewer does not handle the date when it's delimiter is "-", after I changed the delimiter to "/" it worked properly.

BR

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Anas,   

We are unable to reproduce the mentioned date format issue at our end. The mentioned issue might have occurred due to internally failed to process the DateTime type in our Chart Engine. So, share the below information to replicate the mentioned issue at our end.   
1.            Confirm your product version   
2.            Share the Machine culture and Browser culture.   
3.            Share the reproducible RDL report definition with data.   

Regards,   
Yuvaraj D.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon