We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CustomControl error: i.ejDatePicker is not a function.

Hello,

First, I would like to that you for a wonderful product.

Second, I am using the EJ Value Control - Date Picker in my Lightswitch HTML 2013 project.

This extension works beautifully in debug mode. When I run my project in Visual Studio, it works as desired.

After I publish the project and view it in a web browser, I get the following error in Chrome:

"CustomControl error: DtRepairStart_render() method error: Type error: i.ejDatePicker is not a method."

I am confused why this works in debug but does not work when published.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!!

3 Replies

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Creed, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The observed script error can be caused by following three things: 

The Syncfuison scripts are not registered successfully on the page.  
               The Syncfusion scripts are registered too late or the widgets' initialization statements are called too early. This is more unlikely to occur.  
               There is a second jQuery instance registered on the page after the Syncfusion scripts referred. We suspect that, this is the root cause of your issue. Please remove the second occurrence of jQuery script file in your application, if it is referred. 

Please try with the above mentioned cases, if the issue still exists, please share the following details. 
1) CDN link if any used in your sample. 
2) Browser details (with version). 
3) Kindly check whether ‘ej.web.all.min.js’ has loaded properly in your web page by inspecting with developer tool of browser. If not, please share the issue reproducing sample, which helps us to identify and resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Regards,  
Francis Paul A 

CC Creed Cordonier June 24, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hello. I resolved this issue by downloading and comparing the Sample of the same project. Thank you!

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team June 27, 2016 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Creed, 

We are glad to know that issue has been resolved at your end. 
Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Francis Paul A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon