We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How bind Windows WF (Windows flowcahrt/Workflow) to diagram

Hello, I am using a simple workflow sample from the back end in windows

http://bit.ly/28PVnW4

I wanted to connect this with the Diagram. I noticed you removed the BPM samples since I asked questions last.

Can you show me how to use the Diagram with he windows workflow in this sample.

A document approval process workflow

thanks

8 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We have created a sample to achieve your requirement and it is available in the below link for download. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

ME Megatron June 26, 2016 12:56 AM UTC

Hello thanks for the sample, I am trying it, but it does not build though, everything is outdated.

ME Megatron June 26, 2016 02:54 AM UTC

Below are the details on the error - I am looking to use the SF diagram control to manage the workflow, by adding or dragging/moving states and activities

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
MvcApplication85    c:\PMworkflowwf\Controllers\MindMapController.cs    145    

Server Error in '/' Application.

Method not found: 'System.Web.Routing.RouteValueDictionary System.Web.WebPages.TypeHelper.ObjectToDictionaryUncached(System.Object)'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Web.Routing.RouteValueDictionary System.Web.WebPages.TypeHelper.ObjectToDictionaryUncached(System.Object)'.

Source Error:

Line 12:         public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
Line 13:         {
Line 14:             routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.axd/{*pathInfo}");
Line 15:             routes.IgnoreRoute("wcf/{resource}.svc/{*pathInfo}");
Line 16:             routes.IgnoreRoute("wcf/{resource}.svc");

Source File: c:\BPMworkflowwf\App_Start\RouteConfig.cs    Line: 14

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Web.Routing.RouteValueDictionary System.Web.WebPages.TypeHelper.ObjectToDictionaryUncached(System.Object)'.]
   System.Web.Mvc.RouteCollectionExtensions.CreateRouteValueDictionaryUncached(Object values) +0
   System.Web.Mvc.RouteCollectionExtensions.IgnoreRoute(RouteCollection routes, String url, Object constraints) +65
   System.Web.Mvc.RouteCollectionExtensions.IgnoreRoute(RouteCollection routes, String url) +23
   MvcApplication85.RouteConfig.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) in c:\BPMworkflowwf\App_Start\RouteConfig.cs:14
   MvcApplication85.MvcApplication.Application_Start() in c:\BPMworkflowwf\Global.asax.cs:19

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: 'System.Web.Routing.RouteValueDictionary System.Web.WebPages.TypeHelper.ObjectToDictionaryUncached(System.Object)'.]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9964625
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team June 27, 2016 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We could not able to reproduce the reported issue with your stack trace. However we have removed the unnecessary files in our sample and it can downloaded from the below link. Still, if you are facing issues, please provide us more details such as Essential studio version, visual studio version. Also if you have integrated our sample with your application, please share us the sample. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

ME Megatron June 28, 2016 07:20 PM UTC

Hello, this still does not work, it puts out the same errors from before.

I looked at the controller, and the its manually adding each box on the the diagram surface - I asked earlier "I am looking to use the SF diagram control to manage the workflow, by adding or dragging/moving states and activities"

Can you update the sample to show where the in Diagram control it shows both activities as they change in the server workflow from the user side.

thanks
Mega

KR Keerthivasan Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team June 29, 2016 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

Requirement: “Need to Manage Workflow by Adding or Dragging states and activities”. 

Could you please confirm whether  the requirement  is using  SfDiagram (WPF) with  MVC platform. 

Regards, 
Keerthivasan R. 

ME Megatron July 1, 2016 02:11 AM UTC

I am using MVC for now, if that does not work or is not possible, I can do in WPF

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We have created a workflow sample by loading the nodes and connectors from the Database and rendered the diagram. please refer to the sample below. Please download the drafted version of CRUD documentation from the below link.  

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon