We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ejGrid editing issue in case or URLAdaptor

I am just selected a record for editing and instead of saving that record again i have clicked on another record but it shows me previous record in currently selected record area. Why this is happening ? Also let me know, why it is going back  to controller to fetch data in case of editing the row. 

Please refer attached screen-shots as well as sample from .rar file. Also find database backup path is on project path with title "test.bak"

Attachment: Editing_Issue_35794f6a.rar

3 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team June 20, 2016 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Prashant, 

We analyzed the sample that you have shared and found that you haven’t handled the update action at the server side.  

When binding the data to grid using url adaptor, we need to handle the CRUD operations at the server side. Please refer to the below online documentation. 

Since the enableAutoSaveOnSelectionChange property of the Grid is “true”(by default it is true), the save action will be triggered when you edit a record and select on another record. If this property is disabled, you wont be able to edit another record unless the edited record is saved/cancelled. 

So we suggest you to handle the server side event for the record updation as illustrated in the above documentation link in order to resolve the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

PP Prashant Prasad June 21, 2016 11:06 AM UTC

Thanks Ragavee. I will move ahead to batch edit mode.

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team June 22, 2016 04:03 AM UTC

Hi Prashant, 

Thanks for your update. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon