We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Accepting changes in a datagrid (not as dumb as it sounds)

I have a grid displaying URLS and an ''Add New'' button When i click the button a new row is added. Now if i''m editing a row and i click the button, then the grid loses focus which means it saves the current row and then the New button adds a new entry. I also have the ability to drag in a URL from internet explorer which calls the AddNew() method. BUT since the focus is not lost on the grid then whatever changes you were making are lost. So i tried this : private void AcceptChanges(GridDataBoundGrid grid) { // if we drag a URL in then the data doesnt get updates unless we do this DataView dv = (DataView) grid.DataSource; CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager)this.BindingContext[dv]; cm.EndCurrentEdit(); } I also tried private void AcceptChanges(GridDataBoundGrid grid) { // if we drag a URL in then the data doesnt get updates unless we do this DataView dv = (DataView) grid.DataSource; CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager)this.BindingContext[dv]; ((DataRowView) cm.Current).Row.AcceptChanges(); } the currency manager correctly identifies the row i''m editing, but cm.EndCurrentEdit() does not save the data in the row. How do i do this? There

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2004 08:38 AM UTC

Try first calling grid.CurrenctCell.EndEdit() and then grid.Binder.EndEdit() (or your currencymanager.EndCurrentEdit())

SI simon March 31, 2004 01:55 PM UTC

thanks, that did it is it safe to call these methods if there is no CurrentCell. i got no null reference exception so i assume it is

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2004 02:37 PM UTC

It is OK. The EndEdit method has embbedded checks to avoid problems.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon