We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sporadic Exception thrown from TreeNavigator

Hi,

We've been experiencing our application freezing after generating an UnhandledError exception when run on a tablet.  I managed to finally reproduce it today with additional logging and it appears to be coming from the TreeNavigator control.  The exception never occurs on my laptop, but is quite common on the tablet.  I believe the code is ok since the sequence "click hamburger menu, click radio button, load navigator" works fine most of the time.    I clicked the same sequence many times and it worked fine several times, but I installed a tool called MouseRecorder so that I can record a sequence and replay it many times.  That is how I am finally able to reproduce the issue.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this?  I will work on adding additional logging, but it appears that the method to load the control ran without any error and the data is the same each call.

Unhandled Exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at Windows.UI.Xaml.FrameworkElement.SetBinding(DependencyProperty dp, BindingBase binding)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Navigation.TreeNavigatorItemsHost.PrepareContainerForItemOverride(DependencyObject element, Object item)
   at Windows.ApplicationModel.Core.UnhandledError.Propagate()
   at Oceaneering.Commons.Utilities.Logger.CoreApplication_UnhandledErrorDetected(Object sender, UnhandledErrorDetectedEventArgs e)

3 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Deanna,

We have checked the reported issue by creating a sample. In this sample, we have used SfTreeNavigator, Radio Button and also installed MouseRecorder software as you mentioned in your update. But the reported issue was not reproduced. Please download the video from the below link.

Video: Video

Please provide more information about your query with a sample and replication steps to reproduce the issue. It will helpful us to proceed further.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

DD Deanna Delapasse June 13, 2016 06:46 PM UTC

Yes, it is difficult to reproduce, but I notice that you have had several issues in the forum that are similar, but most can not be reproduced.  It seems that many things can trigger the COMException (0x800004005), but it's very confusing that the error message means "access denied".  I can't imagine how the binding could fail with that kind of error.

Could you search your archives to see if anyone else has reported this and see if you can give me any clues?   If not, go ahead and close the issue.  I will work on reproducing the problem.

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team June 14, 2016 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Deanna,

We have not faced the reported issue in the past and still we were unable to reproduce it. Could you please provide the codes you have used for Hamburger Menu and all other items in your application? Also please let us know the current version which you are using. It will help to proceed further.

We would like to follow up on this until the issue is completely resolved at your end.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon