We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SFCircularGauge Animation issues with Android

I'm using the animation feature where in the code behind I'm incrementing the value of the gauge so it will slowly "ramp up" to the overall value. This works perfectly in iOS.

iOS::
iOS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-MKFojhVPjoZWx0X1ZHV21jcWM

Android::
Android
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-MKFojhVPjoQVZWUzd6c3BrNEU

Why in Android are the values over writing each other and stacking? If animation is truly supported, how am I supposed to show changes if in doing so I have to constantly zero out the value in order to change it?

Please let me know to do.

Thanks,
Steve

5 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 10, 2016 08:45 AM UTC

Hi Steve,     

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.  

Based on the given information, we are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue. Please provide us with the simple sample which replicate the issue which you are facing. It would be helpful to provide a prompt solution earlier.  

Regards,   
Subburaj Pandian V.   

LE Lars Erik Foss June 10, 2016 08:59 AM UTC

I am experiencing the same problem.

circulargauge = new SfCircularGauge()
         {
             VerticalOptions = LayoutOptions.FillAndExpand,
             HorizontalOptions = LayoutOptions.Center,
             WidthRequest = 240,
             HeightRequest = Device.OnPlatform(iOS: 250, Android: 250, WinPhone: 300),               
             GaugeType = GaugeType.Default,
         };

Header header = new Header();        
         header.ForegroundColor = Color.White;
         header.TextSize = 32;
            header.Position = Device.OnPlatform(iOS: new Point(0.5, 0.5), Android: new Point(0.5, 0.5), WinPhone: new Point(0.38, 0.7));

circulargauge.Headers.Add(header);
            header.SetBinding<SpeedometerViewModel>(Header.TextProperty, vm => vm.CurrentSpeedFormatted);

Header.TextProperty does not seem to remove previous value on property changed binding.

Regards Lars

Attachment: problem_a799957a.7z

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Lars,   

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.   

We are able to reproduce the issue “Circular Gauge HeaderText (while dynamic change through binding headertext has merged with previous text)” in Xamarin Forms (Android). We had logged an issue report and fix will be available in our upcoming Vol 2, SP1 release which is expected to be roll out in the month of July,2016. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V.   

SI Steve Ingels July 25, 2016 09:46 PM UTC

Has this fix gone out yet?

Thanks,
Steve

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 26, 2016 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

We have fixed and are testing the issue fix for “Circular Gauge HeaderText (while dynamic change through binding headertext has merged with previous text)” in Xamarin Forms (Android) in various possible scenarios. As we had mentioned in the earlier update, the issue fix will be included in our upcoming Vol 2, SP1 release, which is expected to available by the end of this month. We would appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon