We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting sfSpreadsheet to readonly

Hi,

I need to customize the spreadsheetControl, so that it is readonly (not disabled). 

I have turned off formula bar, and all context menus. I cancel the adding of worksheets via plus sign in the event handler.

What's left is to prevent the renaming of the worksheets via F2 or double click and that the value of the cells can be changed. 

It's required that the user can select cells or ranges, so I can't disable the control.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

3 Replies

PS Pannir Selvam S Syncfusion Team May 31, 2016 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

You can achieve your requirements by protecting the workbook and worksheets in a workbook. Refer the below help documentation for more information. 

And you can disable the context menu in Spreadsheet by setting the AllowCellContextMenu and AllowTabItemContextMenu property of SfSpreadsheet as false

Pannir 

MT Michael Topf May 31, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

Hi,

thanks for your help. Protecting the workbook doesn't seems to have any effect. After protecting I can still change cells and renaming worksheets (double click on worksheet tab).

Iterating through the Worksheet collection of the workbook and protecting each worksheet works, I can't change the content of the worksheet anymore. 

So I still need a way to prevent the renaming of the worksheet tabs. All contextmenus are already disabled.

Thanks,
Michael

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Michael,   

We were able to reproduce the issue "Renaming of Sheets" in Workbook Protection mode and logged a defect report on this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards   
Kanimozhi B   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon