We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XlsIO ExcelEngine: Excel like header sorting

Is it possible to do excel like sorting with Syncfusion xlsio engine?

I have attached the included excel sorting file,
if you select all the data by clicking on the top left and go to Data tab | Sort, you can see all the user predefined sorting values.
Is it possible with Syncfusion XlsIO library?

I saw this example of data sorting but it is not excel-like. It is only sorting the data internally and all predefined sorting values are missing from the excel file.
http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/xlsio/datasorting

Attachment: ExcelSortingExample_b79c98ac.zip

3 Replies

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team May 24, 2016 02:56 PM UTC

Hi ov, 

Yes. It is possible to do Excel like sorting with XlsIO. We have shown the value based sorting in our online demo. But you can also sort the data based on the cell color and the font color using XlsIO. 

We have prepared a sample as per your requirement which can be downloaded from the following link. 

Sample link:  

To know more about Data Sorting in XlsIO, kindly refer the following UG documentation link.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards 
Sridhar S 

OV ov May 25, 2016 06:23 AM UTC

Probably I haven't explained well.

I tried the sample provided above and it is still missing the user predefined values.

If you look at the attached picture, the sorting values are missing from generated excel file.

Attachment: MissingExcelSortingValues_7624e280.zip

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team May 26, 2016 09:32 AM UTC

Hi ov, 

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards 

Sridhar S. 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon