We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart with Daily , Monthly, Yearly, Weekly Filter

Hi please guide me is there any way to filter chart at run time with Daily( Hourly), Weekly, Monthly, Yearly.

12 Replies

GM Gobi M Syncfusion Team May 23, 2016 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Atif, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We could filter SfChart by dynamically updating its data source. We have prepared a sample for this and it can be downloaded in below link. 

The DateTime Range Navigator control provides an intuitive interface for selecting a smaller date range from a larger collection. To filter the date range in wide range of chart data we could use SfDateTimeRangeNavigator control. 

Please let us know for any concerns. 

Regards, 
Gobi M 

AT Atif May 24, 2016 04:23 PM UTC

Nice i got the solution, Only one problem i am facing i have my own custom Carousel control and i used content Views inside Carousel and when chart bind with data i am not able to swipe left and swipe right if there is no data in graph inverting works perfect.

GM Gobi M Syncfusion Team May 25, 2016 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Atif,  

We have analyzed the reported requirement and achieved your requirement by a workaround. In the workaround sample, we can get the Native SFChart object from AppDelegate class in iOS project here, to customize the chart pan gesture to handle the Carousel view as shown in the below code example. 

Code snippet : 

Xamarin.Forms.Forms.ViewInitialized += (sender, e) => 
{ 
        SFChart chart = (e.NativeView as SFChart); 

if (chart != null) 
        { 
               foreach (var gesture in chart.GestureRecognizers) 
               { 
                    if (gesture is UIPanGestureRecognizer && gesture.Delegate == null) 
                    { 
                          gesture.Delegate = new CustomGeatureDelegate(e.View as SfChart); 
                    } 
                } 
        } 
}; 

We have overridden the UIGestureRecognizerDelegate class and with help of its ShouldBegin method. The customized delegate object has been assigned to chart’s UIPanGestureRecognizer’s delegate property. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please find the sample from the following link. 

Please let us know if you have any other query. 

Thanks, 
Gobi M 

AT Atif May 27, 2016 04:49 PM UTC

Didn't work, Is there any easy way to detect the swap left and right gestures on graph if it is available then it would help my cause.

Thanks

GM Gobi M Syncfusion Team May 30, 2016 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Atif, 

Could you please clarify us whether the sample we gave in our last update is working?  

Also, please share us the sample with your custom Carousal control using SfChart to reproduce the issue which would be more helpful for us to serve you better. 

Regards, 
Gobi M 

AT Atif May 30, 2016 03:26 PM UTC

I have sent an email with sample project pleas check it.

RJ Ramya Jayapandi Syncfusion Team May 31, 2016 03:36 AM UTC

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 10:37 AM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 124164, Chart with Daily ,Monthly, Yearly, Weekly Filter, has been updated. 

Here I am attaching a sample app. 

SampleApp

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team May 31, 2016 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Atif,

We have modified the sample as per your requirement. In this sample, we have passed the touch move action to the parent (ScrollView) and handled the tap event in Chart.

Please download the sample from the below location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/124164/ze/SampleApp598099127_(2)1447628522  

Thanks,
Saravana Pandian M. 

AT Atif May 31, 2016 06:58 PM UTC

Thanks you so much i have done with Android , Now i am out of office would you please just confirm is it same for IOS

Thanks

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Atif, 

We have added iOS project and tested in your sample. The sample does not require any changes for iOS and it is working fine. 

Chart Sample  

Please let us know for any queries. 

Regards, 

Saravana Pandian M. 

AT Atif June 2, 2016 12:49 AM UTC

Well if i use DataMaker then it does not work in IOS but anyhow tool tip works for me so i removed DataMarker and everything works in IOS as well.

Thank you so much.

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team June 2, 2016 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Atif,

We have tested DataMarker and Tooltip with provided sample and it is working fine. We are not able to reproduce the issue for data marker. If you provide the sample code or replication procedure for the failure case, it would be helpful for us to fix the issue.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon