We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRotator loading images from the internet

I was surprised to discover that SfRotator doesn't accept SfRotatorItem Image source from the internet. I thought its implementation is similar to XF Image which accepts both local or online images.

Any idea how can I achieve that?

14 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team May 16, 2016 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Salem,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently, SfRotatorItem's Image API can accept only string values in which you can assign the image names as shown below.

Code example:

SfRotatorItem item =new SfRotatorItem ();
item.ImageName="image.png";

Due to some stability issues, we had postponed the Custom View support for the Rotator control and it will be available in our upcoming 2016 Volume 2 release which is expected to be roll out by the mid of June, 2016. By using this custom View support, you can achieve your requirement of assigning the Images via URL. Please visit our website periodically for updates regarding releases.

Regards,
Paul Anderson

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team May 16, 2016 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Salem,

Please ignore our previous update.

Currently, SfRotatorItem's Image API can accept only string values in which you can assign the image names as shown below.

Code example:

SfRotatorItem item =new SfRotatorItem ();
item.Image="image.png";

Due to some stability issues, we had postponed the Custom View support for the Rotator control and it will be available in our upcoming 2016 Volume 2 release which is expected to be roll out by the mid of June, 2016. By using this custom View support, you can achieve your requirement of assigning the Images via URL. Please visit our website periodically for updates regarding releases.

Regards,
Paul Anderson 

SK Salem Korayem May 16, 2016 10:56 AM UTC

Ok I am glad to hear that. Thanks for the info.

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team May 17, 2016 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Salem,

Thanks for your update.

We request you to visit our website periodically for updates regarding releases.

Regards,
Vignesh V 

UK uday kumar May 19, 2016 04:19 PM UTC

hi , Can u explain how can i use sfRotator in Xamarin forms?? i am unable to bind the data to the rotator?  i am unable to see the dots too?

UK uday kumar May 19, 2016 07:10 PM UTC

thank you!! I got the Idea!! Its working Fine. :) Plz Anybody suggest me how can i display the rating that i am giving on to a label?? i am unable to bind the rating value to a label!!.....

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team May 20, 2016 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Uday kumar,

Thanks for your update.

Query: unable to bind the rating value to a label

You can achieve this by representing the mode of binding label with “TwoWay”. It necessary to inherit INotifyPropertyChanged in your view model as in the following code example,

Code Example:  

//Xaml code   
  <Label x:Name="text2"  Text="{Binding Rating, Mode=TwoWay}"/>   
  //view model class with INotifyPropertyChanged   
public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged;   
protected void RaiseProeprtyChanged([CallerMemberName]string propertyName = "")   
{   
   if (this.PropertyChanged != null)   
   this.PropertyChanged(thisnew PropertyChangedEventArgs(propertyName));   
}   

We have created a sample for achieving your requirement to bind rating value to label. Please download that sample from the following link

Link:  https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/RatingBind1240841386136391931047966.zip

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R  

UK uday kumar May 23, 2016 06:14 AM UTC

Thank  you so much @Hemalatha Marikumar

UK uday kumar May 23, 2016 04:43 PM UTC

Hi,

i have binded images to the Sf rotator . its working fine. 
here is my code in C#:

for (int i = 1; i < 6; i++)
            {
                SfRotatorItem sliderItem = new SfRotatorItem();
                sliderItem.Image = "Movie" + i + ".jpg";
                rotator.DataSource.Add(sliderItem);
            }

my code in Xaml:

<rotator:SfRotator  SelectedIndex="0" EnableAutoPlay="False"  EnableLooping="False" HeightRequest="200" x:Name="rotator" NavigationStripMode="Dots"  NavigationStripPosition="Top" NavigationDirection="Horizontal" NavigationDelay="1000" >

everything is fine but when i tried to scroll on the last image horizontally... i am getting this "Unhandled Exception Java.Lang.NullPointerException: "  error ..

Can anyone suggest how to overcome this??

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team May 24, 2016 03:51 PM UTC

Hi  Uday kumar,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

UK uday kumar May 26, 2016 10:51 AM UTC

Hi ,

when i use sfrating bar in my xamarin forms.. i found that the size of the stars are varying and in android its looking ugly (blurred stars with background color of stars changing when we tap the stars) and also when i want to give a 5 out of 5 rating , it is not taking 5 rating even if i click on the right half of the star (5th star). if i click outside(right to the 5th star) of the 5th star it is giving 5 rating In IOS. Please suggest me how to overcome this?

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team May 27, 2016 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Uday Kumar, 
Query: Star gets selected only when clicking the ouside of rating control. 
We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Regards, 
Pavendhan K 

CH Christian January 17, 2019 02:09 PM UTC

I use the sfRotator with URL but the most images show a blank image, maybe the images don't load fully before the control loads, I guess.
I tried to add FFImageLoading (CachedImage) but I receive a null reference exception after asign the ItemsSource.
There are not URL examples in the examples section :/

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 22, 2019 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Christian, 

We have prepared the SfRotator sample based on your requirement in which we have added the image inside the rotator item using URL and we were unable to reproduce the reported issue "Image doesn't load inside rotator". Please have the sample with the screenshot below. 

Please try our sample and revert if you have any concern on this. 

Note:  Please ensure that internet connection has been enabled in the device. 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon