We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I include SfChart library

Dear all,
I am totally new in SfChart development in android. Today I like to know, how do I include SfChart library to my android project. I am using windows PC. In your site one topics like bellow :

3. Copy the “Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar” file from the installed location and add it to the libs folder of the created project. Suppose the folder is not available, create a new folder named “libs”.

Syncfusion libraries can be find in the following locations.

Windows OS

{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio{Version}\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar

From above, how to do it but I am not clear about that. I just want your library jar file. Further more If you provide me of gradle dependencies for windows PC I would be more helpful. 

Therefor I just want “Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar” file , so please let me inform how will I do this.

3 Replies

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team May 13, 2016 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Subarata, 
Could you please let us know are using Android (Java) or Xamarin.Forms as you have selected Xamarin.Forms as your platform, but your query is related to .aar file? 
If your platform is Android (Java), then please follow the following steps to add the Syncfusion Chart library to your Android Studio project. 
Step 1:  
Create a new project from menu. 

Step 2:  
After creating a project, you have to place the .aar file in the lib folder. You can find Syncfusion libraries from the following location, 
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio{Version}\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar 
Example:  
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar 

Step 3: 
After placing aar file, you have to add below highlighted lines in the build.gradle file of your application. 

Step 4:  
Now sync your project with gradle files. The application will be built successfully. 

Now you can able to add chart to your application. 
#2), For gradle dependencies, 
Android studio will automatically download the gradle dependencies. 
Thanks, 
Saravana Pandian M. 

SU Subarata replied to Saravana Pandian Murugan May 15, 2016 03:45 AM UTC

Hi Subarata, 
Could you please let us know are using Android (Java) or Xamarin.Forms as you have selected Xamarin.Forms as your platform, but your query is related to .aar file? 
If your platform is Android (Java), then please follow the following steps to add the Syncfusion Chart library to your Android Studio project. 
Step 1:  
Create a new project from menu. 

Step 2:  
After creating a project, you have to place the .aar file in the lib folder. You can find Syncfusion libraries from the following location, 
Example:  
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar 

Step 3: 
After placing aar file, you have to add below highlighted lines in the build.gradle file of your application. 

Step 4:  
Now sync your project with gradle files. The application will be built successfully. 

Now you can able to add chart to your application. 
#2), For gradle dependencies, 
Android studio will automatically download the gradle dependencies. 
Thanks, 
Saravana Pandian M. 

Hello I am Subarata Talukder, due to internet access I was unable to send the replay as early.

I am using Android (Java) but according to your direction, I have created my android project but I did not get 

"{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio{Version}\Android\AndroidStudio\Syncfusion.SfChart.Android.aar"

I am using windows 10 so my directory locationg is like 
"C:\Apps\ ...."
but where is Syncfusion directory ?
But I have assumed that, Syncfusion is a installer, if so where will I find it ? 

Including, gradle screen shot that you have been provided, it's not clear in web browser, It will be helpful, if you write as a text typo. 

Thanks for response

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team May 16, 2016 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Subarata,  

Please download the installer or zip files for windows or mac from the below location.  

You can also refer to the following link to know about Android Studio grade dependency.  

Regards,  
Yuvaraj P.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon