We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Child grid error

Hi

I have a master detail grid. I have enabled CRUD on the child grid.

The child grid does not correctly update after an edit.

eg
If there are 2 rows in the child grid and 1 edit the last row to remove it from the grid I get an error

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: HierarchyRequestErrorUnhandled exception at line 10, column 2381213 in http://localhost:62974/Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js

If I edit the first of the 2 rows nd remove it from the grid the child grid is displayed but with 2 copies of the second row. The datasource is correctly returning 1 row !

Is CRUD on a child grid nor supported or is this a known issue ??

Regards

Martin

7 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team April 29, 2016 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are sorry that the reported issue is not reproducible at our end. We have created a  hierarchy grid with CRUD enabled for child grid, which can be downloaded from the below location. 

Please try the above sample and if you still face any issues, please share below details, 

1.       Product version that you are currently working on. 
2.       Issue reproducible sample or please reproduce the issue in the above provided sample and share. 
3.       Screenshot of the call stack of the script error obtained. 
4.       Type of the data adaptor that you are using for data binding and CRUD operations. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

MH Martin Hoyle April 30, 2016 06:25 PM UTC

Hi

Thanks for the sample.
If you change the datasource of the child grid to a url adapter.

childnew.Datasource(ds => ds.URL(@Url.Action("DataSourceA")).InsertURL("/Home/Insert").UpdateURL("/Home/Update").RemoveURL("/Home/Delete").Adaptor(AdaptorType.UrlAdaptor ))

and add a controller action

public ActionResult DataSourceA(DataManager dm)
        {
            int key = 0;
            var DataSource = OrderRepository.GetAllRecords().ToList();
            DataOperations operation = new DataOperations();
            if (dm.Where != null)
            {
                key = int.Parse(dm.Where[0].value.ToString());
                DataSource = DataSource.Where(emp => emp.EmployeeID  == key).ToList();
            }
            DataResult result = new DataResult();
            if (dm.Skip != 0 || dm.Take != 0)
                result.result = DataSource.Skip(dm.Skip).Take(dm.Take).ToList();
            else result.result = DataSource;
            result.count = DataSource.Count();
            return Json(result, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
        }

If you then try and edit the last child record for an employee and modify the Employee ID field you get exactly the same error as I am experiencing ( runtime error )
If you edit the first child record the child grid is displayed but with a duplicated first entry.

I have attached the modified sample.

Regards

Martin

Attachment: Sample_3e0af096.zip

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team May 2, 2016 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Martin, 

We considered this query “Duplicate rows created when editing the queryString column and saving in child grid” as a bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this feature. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

MH Martin Hoyle May 2, 2016 06:11 PM UTC

Hi

Thanks - I look forward to the update.

Will this also fix the problem when editing the last element of the child grid ?

Regards

Martin

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 04:16 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Yes. We have included “Editing the last record in child grid throws script error” also to our issue description and thus it will also be fixed. Please follow up the incidents for further updates 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

LO Lolita March 30, 2018 11:01 PM UTC

Thanks

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 2, 2018 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Lolita 

Thanks for the update. 

Please let us know if you have any technical assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon