We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fill dropdown with saved reports

How to fill toolbar dropdown with saved reports?
This link shows a code snippet:

[System.Web.Http.ActionName("InitializeClient")]
        [System.Web.Http.HttpPost]
        public Dictionary < string, object > InitializeClient(Dictionary < string, object > jsonResult)
            {
                OlapDataManager DataManager = new OlapDataManager(connectionString);
                DataManager.SetCurrentReport(CreateOlapReport());
                return olapClientHelper.GetJsonData(jsonResult["action"].ToString(), DataManager, jsonResult["clientParams"].ToString());
            }
It sets a "Default Report" as CurrentReport, but I want to:
1st: load all saved reports
2nd: set the first saved report as the current one.

How to accomplish that? 
And, where are the OlapClient (c# class) docs?

6 Replies

JD Joberto Diniz April 25, 2016 07:24 PM UTC

And BTW, your example of saving/loading/deleting reports are not working: http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/olapclient/defaultfunctionalities

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team April 26, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Joberto, 

And BTW, your example of saving/loading/deleting reports are not working 

Sorry for the inconvience caused. We will fix this issue and will refresh the live samples soon. 
1st: load all saved reports 
2nd: set the first saved report as the current one. 

How to accomplish that?  
And, where are the OlapClient (c# class) docs? 

We have prepared stand- alone sample for your requirements, please find the sample in following link. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

JD Joberto Diniz April 27, 2016 02:42 PM UTC

Hi, thanks for the sample, however you created a separated dropdown. I want to fill the built-in toolbar dropdown.
I'm not using MVC. I'm using javascript only: http://help.syncfusion.com/js/olapclient/getting-started

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team April 28, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Joberto, 
We have prepared the OlapClient sample with the mentioned “Load Report” drop-down list included in the toolbar panel which shows the names of reports available from the database “ReportsTable.sdf”. It placed before the drop-down list (Report List). If anyone logs into your application, this drop-down list will display the reports from database by default (to each users) from which they can select the desired ones.  
NOTE: “Report List” holds one or more OlapReports which can be saved in the database under a common name. Later, we can load the reports available under the common name to retrieve the OlapReport collection from the database.  Both the drop down lists “Report List” and “Load Report” serves different purpose. To know more, please refer to the following link. 
Regards,
Ramesh G. 

JD Joberto Diniz April 28, 2016 08:52 PM UTC

Hi, thanks...

I think it's rather confuse all these New/Add/Save/Load/Remove reports in the toolbar.
The link you provided explain, but it's confusing for end-users.

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team April 29, 2016 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Joberto, 

The sample given in our last update, you can see two option for loading the saved report from database. So you could disable the icon for loading report from toolbar and please find the KB link for customizing the ToolBar in OLAP Client. 

Also, please refer the flow diagram which illustrates “Save Report” and “Load Report” operations. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards,
Ramesh G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon