We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Do not show row header icon if nothing is selected

Hello,

I'm using the GridDataBoundGrid to show some items.
If I show the grid the first time no row is selected but in the first row the arrow icon is shown.
Is it possible to avoid this?

Best regards,
Michael

3 Replies

AS Amresh S Syncfusion Team April 26, 2016 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

The row arrow indicator is loaded whenever the grid is being loaded and the current cell is set to focus. In order to hide the row arrow indicator on loading, we have to define a custom row header CellModel and CellRenderer. The custom defined CellModel is added to the CellModels collection and then assigned via the QueryCellInfo event. You can find the customization of the CustomRowHeaderCellModel and CustomRowHeaderCellRenderer in the below provided sample. 

Code snippet: 
// Add the custom cell model. 
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.CellModels.Add("CustomRowHeader", new CustomRowHeaderCellModel(this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model)); 
// Trigger the required event. 
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.QueryCellInfo += new GridQueryCellInfoEventHandler(Model_QueryCellInfo); 

void Model_QueryCellInfo(object sender, GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) 
{ 
     // Sets the custom cell type. 
     if (e.ColIndex == 0) 
        e.Style.CellType = "CustomRowHeader"; 
} 

Please refer to the attached sample and let us know your concerns. 

Sample: 

Regards, 
Amresh S.  

ML Michael Lohr April 26, 2016 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Amresh,

thanks for your information.

I have to adopt it a little bit but now it works for me.

Best regards,
Michael

AS Amresh S Syncfusion Team April 27, 2016 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thank you for your update. 

We are glad that the provide solution works. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Amresh S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon