We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot add dependency for Syncfusion in class library for DNX46

Hello there,
I'm having difficulties setting up a dependency for Syncfusion my project.json. Under dependencies, I start typing "Syncfusion" but NuGet doesn't find any matches. I have installed Syncfusion 14.1.0.41 with platforms ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC. I've checked the precompiledassemblies folder, and it looks like the assemblies have been installed. I've also added "http://nuget.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc" to my NuGet package sources. The class library is targetingdnx46,and the DNX SDK version is1.0.0-rc1-update2.
What am I missing here?
Jamie

4 Replies

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team April 19, 2016 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are unable to provide support for Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC 6 NuGet Packages from Syncfusion public NuGet feed link, since installation issues occurred from our Syncfusion NuGet server.  So you can’t access the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC6 NuGet packages from our Syncfusion public NuGet feed links.

The Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC 6 NuGet Packages will be published in our Syncfusion NuGet server by 2016 Volume 1 Service Pack 1 release.

We are unable to reproduce the reported dnx files missing issue in our end. Once you have installed the Syncfusion Essential Studio for ASP.NET MVC setup, Syncfusion MVC6 NuGet packages will be available in the below location.

Example: C:\Users\Syncfusion\.dnx\packages

Setting up of Syncfusion dependencies for my project.json is based on the availability of MVC6 NuGet packages in the .dnx folder.

So please ensure the .dnx folder availability in the above mentioned location in your machine.

Let us know if you face any further issues on this.

Regards,

Ganesh M

JL Jamie Lester April 21, 2016 08:12 PM UTC

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for your reply.  I checked the packages folder and I see the following packages:

Syncfusion.Compression.MVC
Syncfusion.DocIO.MVC
Syncfusion.EJ
Syncfusion.EJ.Export
Syncfusion.EJ.MVC
Syncfusion.OfficeChart.MVC
Syncfusion.Pdf.MVC
Syncfusion.PMML.Base
Syncfusion.Presentation.MVC
Syncfusion.XlsIO.MVC

However, in the lib folder for each package, I only see dnx451 and dnxcore50. I checked the dashboard and it says I've installed the assemblies for .Net Framework 4.6 as well.  Where do I find these packages?

JL Jamie Lester April 21, 2016 08:19 PM UTC

Does the installer automatically install the packages to the .dnx folder?

GM Ganesh Manivannan Syncfusion Team April 22, 2016 03:38 PM UTC

Hi Jamie, 

Q1) Does the installer automatically install the packages to the .dnx folder? 

A1) Yes, Syncfusion Essential Studio Installer automatically installs the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC 6 packages to the .dnx folder. 

Q2)However, in the lib folder for each package, I only see dnx451 and dnxcore50. 

A2) dnx451 and dnxcore50 folder contains the Syncfusion MVC 6 assemblies for ASP.NET MVC 6 Nuget Packages and it is made as reference to the ASP.NET MVC 6 Projects. 

Q2) I checked the dashboard and it says I've installed the assemblies for .Net Framework 4.6 as well.   

A2) Could you please let us know where could you find the .NET Framework 4.6 assemblies installed information. Since Syncfusion doesn’t reveals any such details in Dashboard. 

Where do I find these packages? 
A3) As like we mentioned in previous update, we didn’t published Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC6 NuGet packages in Syncfusion public NuGet feed links. You can find the NuGets packages for .NET Framework v4.6 for other platforms in the below link. 

Regards, 
Ganesh M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon