We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Just wanted to say Thanks ... and a question....

Hi Syncfusion,
Just wanted to say WOW and thankyou! I almost fell off my chair when I could very easily get a community license and get all of these wonderful controls with documentation.
Question: Are there any Video tutorials in regards to the Lightswitch HTML controls and how they can be applied from a 'newbie' perspective?
The written documents im having a look at now and they are well presented, but a video may help me a bit more (especially for an editable grid) ...
Im only just starting to dip my toe into Lightswitch to develop quickly a small-ish in-house DB project and wanted to see it in action with how it all ties together....
Many thanks,
Kon.

7 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team April 15, 2016 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Konrads,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support and your feedback.

Currently we do not have video tutorials for our components and will consider to include in future. Please let us know if you have any further assistance.
Please refer to the UG documentation link,
http://help.syncfusion.com/lightswitch/html-client/grid/overview

Thanks,
Venkatesh Ayothiraman.

KS Konrads Samulis April 18, 2016 12:01 AM UTC

Thanks for the reply...

Just another question in regards to the setup...

Why are there different versions of jquery-x.xx.x.min.js within the installation folders?

\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.1.0.41\JavaScript\assets\external has jquery-1.11.3.min.js, but the demonstration project in 
\14.1.0.41\HTML\2015\SampleBrowser\SampleBrowser.HTMLClient\Scripts has jquery-1.10.2.min.js

The setup documentation seems to be out of date on http://help.syncfusion.com/lightswitch/html-client/lightswitch-for-html-client

The sample works, but when I create a new project with with the included versions in \14.1.0.41\JavaScript\assets\external and adjust the references it does not seem to render controls correctly.

Is it important to have jquery-1.11.3.min.js, or jquery-1.10.2.min.js for instance?

Many thanks,
Kon.

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team April 18, 2016 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Konrads,

The Syncfusion JavaScript controls support jQuery > 1.7 version. So you can use any version in jQuery greater than 1.7 to your application either 1.10.2 or 1.11.3. And, the jQuery 2.x version is not supported to the IE 8 browser. But Syncfusion JavaScript controls will be render into the IE 8 browser by using the jQuery 1.x version. Refer to the online document as below.

https://code.jquery.com/

We have created a new sample using the jQuery 1.11.3 version and the 14.1.0.41 ej.web.all.min.js file, the ejGrid was rendered properly. Please refer to the attached sample in following link. Sample: Sample

Kindly, check the sample. If you still face the issue then share the following information.

1.     Are you getting any console error? Screenshot if any.
2.     Sample or modify the attached sample as issue reproducible.
3.     Browser version details.

Regards,
Balaji Marimuthu

KS Konrads Samulis April 27, 2016 12:47 AM UTC

Balaji,

Thanks for your detailed reply. 

I tried to open up the examples in Visual Studio 2015 Community (14.0.24720.0) and it failed after the conversion (from 12.0.21005.1)

I think that I have VS2013 somewhere installed - is there an easy way to get this to work in VS2015 (Community) or does it have to be in VS2013?

The SampleBrowser / SampleBrowser.HTMLClient / SampleBrowser.Server works just fine in VS2015 community. 

Regards,
Konrads

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team April 27, 2016 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Konrads, 

We have created a sample by using the VS2015 and please refer to the sample in following link. 

Regards, 
Balaji Marimuthu 

KS Konrads Samulis May 2, 2016 04:39 AM UTC

Balaji,

Many thanks for the example...it all works wonderfully and it has helped my understanding.

One last question before I leave you alone for a while ...
Is there a way to define a composite key for the ejGrid for the purposes of updating ... (I suspect no..but I thought I would ask...)

eg. 

fieldname[0].isPrimaryKey = true;
  fieldname[1].isPrimaryKey = true;

Cheers,
Kon.

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team May 3, 2016 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Konrads,  

In Grid, we can use the composite key by setting the isPrimaryKey property as true to the desired columns definition. And, OData service which used to LightSwitch Html should have capability of handle the composite key. 

Refer to the help document as below. 

fieldname[0].isPrimaryKey = true; 
  fieldname[1].isPrimaryKey = true 

Regards, 
Balaji Marimuthu 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon