We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QueryHideCol doesnt seem to get called

I have a virtual grid, built with the designer. I set all my events there including QueryCellInfo, QueryColCount, QueryRowCount, QueryRowHeight and QueryHideCol. I didn''t see an explanation in the documentation for QueryHideCols, so I took it to mean (from the docs on GridRowColHideEventArgs) that this could be used to dynamically manage which rows or columns were hidden in much the same way that data is managed through the other methods. I set a breakpoint at the first line in my method GridQueryHiddenColumns. It never gets called. So I added the same delegate to SaveCols, ran again, its never called. Is there something I must set for this event to fire or am I missing the point entirely.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 03:23 PM UTC

You are correct. QueryHideCols is not currently being fired. It was included in the origical design, but it turned out to be unuseable in conjunction with required scrollbar management. You just could not dynamically hide columns on demand and still maintain the integrity of the scrollbars as they also would have to change dynamically. We will mark it as obsolete and eventually remove it from the code. The same is true for QueryHideRows.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon